Is All This True Mr2?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is All This True Mr2?!

Is this true? I got this off some website...
    "_____ - An effective drifter is the Toyota SW20 MR2, its transverse rear-mid engine and rear wheel drive setup is more than the perfect ingredients for an excellent drift car._ The MR2 is a well-balanced car which makes it ideal for drifting._ Its strong center of gravity allows it to enter corners at high speeds and exit at roughly the same amount of throttle._ Depending on whether you have a decent tire/suspension setup, the MR2 should be easily groomed into a drift machine._ Having bucket seats and five point seatbelts might help you withstand the G-force when drifting._ The MR2 is known for coming out of corners hard because of its little understeer / oversteer factor._ This allows it to accelerate directly, without having to fight with the steering wheel._ This little guy will really toss you around if you don't know how to handle it properly."

People say the mr2 is easy to slide, but the rear end likes to come out and make you spin.

Comment

that's a bunch of crap....

I read that before, and that's off some Intial D super fan site. It's written by some anime freak that knows nothing about driving..

MR2's have are prone to snap oversteer; the severity of which can vary from model to model... There were suspension revisions later into its production run.

I drift an MR2, and i'm getting the hang of it. I haven't tried any third gear drifting or high speed drifts, but I i'm coming along fairly well..

this is what I've noticed or learned:

MR2s can't go dumb *Censored**Censored**Censored* sideways like an FR car. The drift angles are very subtle and percise so don't expext to be perpendicular to the curve.

The MR2 won't offer you any forgiveness either. you either get it exactly right or you fail. The margine between drifting and spinning is minute at best.

Comment

have any of you guys seen that video of the mr2 on the city street that trys to do slide or do a burn out and the back end kicks out and he loses control and goes up the side of the road and hits some dudes jetta and misses the yellow type R and the pole and everybody is cussing at him.......

thats like someone saying .. GEO METROS ARE IDEAL FOR BEATING NISSAN SKYLINES CUS THEIR LIGHTWEIGHT AND THEY ARE SMALL FOR CORNERING ON THE MTN's

Comment

totally agree..thats why i put it one here..i was all "what the heck?!" hahaha i seen that movie it was great!

Comment

Ive driven both first and second gens, and there alot harder then that to drift. Maybe these people think that getting the back tires to chrip is drifting.

Comment

ya i have tried to drift a 91 and 92, they are hard to hold it. but i just trew the weight more,feint is the way .pretty hard indeed

Comment

MR2s are great once you learn to control them find out for yourself . Its all drivers preferance i drive an MR-S i think it drifts great but its not as easy to control as say a 240. just drive one and find out and have fun

Comment

Working...
                X