Crap! All show, no go drifting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crap! All show, no go drifting...

According to the February issue of modified magazine, Vision Entertainment (the people who put on Hot Import Nights) are going to start a new event called NightDrift Apparently it will be the car show portion of Formula D.

It's clear to see that a lot of companies are going to be getting into drifting not for a love of drifting, but to make money. Come on, a drifting car show circuit?!?! I can see it now: Civics, Accords, Altimas, etc. filling up convention centers outfitted with the latest in mad drifting body kits and super sideways neon lighting! (Sarcasm)

Dont believe these companies that tell you they're getting into drifting because they have a love for motorsports. Remember, these companies were about making money before the drifting craze. They'll be about making money during the drifting craze and they'll be about making money after the drifting craze.

Why not just appreciate it for what it is? It's just for fun, geez

Comment

drifting doesnt need car shows! instead of a car show, why doesnt this company host drifting events where people can work on their skills on a track or closed course?

if you would find a drifting car show fun, thats you. I personally find no fun in seeing a bunch of cars parked with strobe lights going off everywhere.

i'm not against car shows, but you know what? thats what Hot Import Nights is for. dont bring drifting into something unless its about actual drifting.

Comment

let Samuel L. Jackson educate you...
        Attached Files

Comment

haha, true but remember that half of the import culture is kids that dont even drive yet. It attracts them, and theyl soon be the ones to be tuning there cars. True there should be more events that are about fast drifting. Sooner or later theyl come one by one dude. Drift Session is cool

Comment

All drift events have a car show for people to check out inbetween the runs.

Comment

But why call it Night Drift? A car show has nothing to do with drifting.

Comment

If it was 'all about the love' parts would be damn near free.....

there is a premium on EVERYTHING Drifting related by EVERY company out there that's involved.

do you think these JDM companies are here to spread love or make money?

$$ makes the world go round....not love.

Comment

f-u-c-k! show cars. If you own a show car, f-u-c-k you too. Go drive, that's what cars are made for. f-u-c-k this "nightdrift" crap. If you want to build something to look at, go play with your playdough.

Comment

Me personally i wouldnt mind goin to a show to check out some drift cars, but i dont like the name. As far as the whole scene goes IMO lots of ricers are trying to do it, which is not cool nor safe. BTW emerald do u have a bf?

Comment

Originally posted by DriftGirl
                      If it was 'all about the love' parts would be damn near free.....

there is a premium on EVERYTHING Drifting related by EVERY company out there that's involved.

do you think these JDM companies are here to spread love or make money?

$$ makes the world go round....not love.
                      Amen.

Just like F1, is F1 only about racing? or is it about money?

Comment

racing pushes the envelope, and develops the automotive industry. Without racing there wouldn't be advances in automotive technology. They only time there should be a car show is when new technology is unveiled.

R.I.C.E.= race inspired cosmetic enhancements

an import car show is a bunch of cars with old technology that's been seen over and over rearranged in funky ways. boring.

Comment

its not directly about racing. It's about bringing fresh money into the sport, to bring in more development.

All the companies that developed drift specific suspension or products in japan, would never have done it if money was not being brought in.

Comment

I don't think it's the fact that they're making money off of some ricer show, it's that they're whoring our stuff around. Personally, seeing those stupid car shows makes me ashamed of liking this stuff sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by spock
                              I don't think it's the fact that they're making money off of some ricer show, it's that they're whoring our stuff around. Personally, seeing those stupid car shows makes me ashamed of liking this stuff sometimes.
                              Then take it for what it is, eye candy and let it be at that. For some reason everyone has to crusade for how they think drifting should be represented. If you really didnt care about the ricer stuff, then it wouldn't bother you one bit. After all the one basic principle about drifting is FLASH.

Comment

Working...
                              X