D1GP (FEEDBACK) Mar. 4th Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1GP (FEEDBACK) Mar. 4th Event

Please post your feedback on this thread.

i thought the event was sick!!! i was very impressed at how structured and well organized the event was. also being that i am from hawaii, i was in sheer awe of the technique and skill of the japan drivers, and some of the US drivers as well. i was helping pit with the kaaz/hankook team and couldnt help but be distracted from the other sick cars that was there.

Comment

Awesome event, went right on schedule, saw some good tandem battles, what else could you ask for?

Comment

Just an idea!!

During the down time, why not have some of the teams that did not qualify, entertain the crowd.

For example: Media and open pits from 12 to 1/ start at 1 with team demos and go til 2 then start the competition at 2:30 (which was the time this comp started)

Nose 2 nose donuts and simple crowd pleasing stuff. nothing to mess the track up or cause a timedelay.

Just an idea!!

Comment

Originally posted by akuma S14
          Awesome event, went right on schedule, saw some good tandem battles, what else could you ask for?
          I have never seen Brian, Matt and Terry looking so Pro and Dignified.

I think I am going to Hurl!!!!

Good job guys as always.

Comment

Originally posted by NM Drift Group
            Just an idea!!

During the down time, why not have some of the teams that did not qualify, entertain the crowd.

For example: Media and open pits from 12 to 1/ start at 1 with team demos and go til 2 then start the competition at 2:30 (which was the time this comp started)

Nose 2 nose donuts and simple crowd pleasing stuff. nothing to mess the track up or cause a timedelay.

Just an idea!!
            Might be a good and bad idea...

I simply like the downtime that I can run downstair to get some beers etc...

If there was something like that, I would feel like not getting up my seats.

Comment

Each event starts to suck. I remember around '02 it didn't end until 10pm ish and now this year it ended like 4 hours earlier which pretty much sucks. What ever happend to best bang for the buck.

Why has the d1gp events become shorter each event? I understand the money-making in this event, but I'd wish you d1 guys would keep it a bit much more longer.

Keep it longer I say. I'm sure everyone here feels the same. People realize that each event is getting shorter and might not even consider to go anymore, like a couple of my friends.

Comment

Irwindale has that new law that the event/race has to shut down by 7PM.

I guess people are complaining about the noise.

Comment

I think the shorter schedule is due to the money involved.

Shorter event = less money D1 has to pay to Irwindale Speedway

I remember those long events a few years back, but I also remember the downtime being twice as long. If you watch Option, most of the D1 rounds end before it even gets dark. It all boils down to cost effectiveness and politics. The U.S. event generates tons more dough than any Japanese round and the officials want to hold onto as much profit as possible. Plus, an event that ends early also means more biru time for the drivers

I thought it was a great event, aside from VIP upgrade. There's nothing VIP about being squeezed into one set of bleachers, to the point where people were sitting on the walkway. I hope the higher-ups acknowledge that problem and better acommodate the fans.

Comment

plus maybe eventually there will be a live broadcast with the shortened format.

Comment

whos cares when it ends
                      as longyou see just as much competition

semms to me like they just cut out the waiting

mike

Comment

Bathurst R - haha I can't believe it but your the 1rst person to complain that D1 is now "too short" LOL that is what happens when it is run like clockwork with no 2 hr delays between rounds.

DoriAltis - Thanks for the input on the VIP section. For the most part the VIP section was to be much different but the rain from previous days made it all but impossible to put more bleachers on the grass area. ( next time hope it doesn't rain as hard right before.)

Terry

Comment

I was wondering if anyone had info on the racing suits Team Orange, Ueno, and Imamura all wear. They're the ones with the pant-like cuffs. I think they're made by a Japanese company called "CLA", but I'm not sure. Google didn't turn up with any info either. I was told that the inside still has the elastic tapered end to fully cover the ankle, to keep to safety regulations.

Comment

i thought overall it went great. ive been to everything d1 since the exhibition out in the parking lot with komatsu, bai, and koguchi whenever that was(and i live over 60 miles away). my only complaints are that stupid robot voice announcing what rounds were coming up. also in that 2.5-3hr gap after final 32 run and tandems maybe have something going on on the track. people get their seats an hour or so before it starts. maybe allow them to practice, open track, amatuer drift? i dont know, but no streetbikes at the same time. the option dvd helped a little except from the bleachers who could read the translations? when the guys were on track it was all good!!

Comment

Originally posted by DoriAltis
                              I think the shorter schedule is due to the money involved.

Shorter event = less money D1 has to pay to Irwindale Speedway

I remember those long events a few years back, but I also remember the downtime being twice as long. If you watch Option, most of the D1 rounds end before it even gets dark. It all boils down to cost effectiveness and politics. The U.S. event generates tons more dough than any Japanese round and the officials want to hold onto as much profit as possible. Plus, an event that ends early also means more biru time for the drivers

I thought it was a great event, aside from VIP upgrade. There's nothing VIP about being squeezed into one set of bleachers, to the point where people were sitting on the walkway. I hope the higher-ups acknowledge that problem and better acommodate the fans.

see i thought about that too, but if that was the case how come it wasn't like that around '02 and pre '05? '05 events were short as is already, but the event on march 4th '06 is ridiculously short.

if d1 keeps this up, they will slowly lose people. not everyone is stupid to realize such a huge time frame cut short opposed from previous events.

Comment

Working...
                              X