Dont laugh...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont laugh...

OK, i love drifting, and ill tell ya...i dont exactly have the best drift vehicle out there, well, i dont use it to drift, but i love it...the only thing is its a domestic.....so NO LAUGHING!

here is the link: MY CAR

Looks like fun!!

Reading thru your page it looks like a semi restore. remember to pull the carpets and headliners to look for rust.

Nothing more satisfying then restoring an old car,good luck with the project....

Comment

plz tell me its not your low rider

Comment

thanks fer the comments, but its not a f***in lowrider...its a resto mod on an almost extinct muscle car...

Comment

oh yea, its all vinyl, and there is minimal rust under it, i just put in a system and ran all the wires under the floorboards, and i found a little rust, by far the weirdest thing i found is an ant colony living in my right front fender.

Comment

old skool yea

Comment

Interesting. Ii'm not mistaken it is the same car and almost same year as The Road Warriors car. His car was a Falcon XB and it had a 70's Monza front end on it. Also the blower was fake on that car as well. Look at the scene in Mad Max when he first see's the car. There is a yellow bucket in the engine bay on hte left side of the motor. That covers the fake blower mechanism. Seeing as how forced induction that clears the hood is illegal in Australia, I see why they had to do that.

If I were you, i would black that thing out, get some black steel wheels (preferrably from the 70s Vans that the Interceptor wheels came from) get the decals which you can order from Whitehouse Japan. www.whouse-jp.com and some zoomie pipes and terrorize. Learn to drift with it and enter competitions as the Road Warrior. How F**king cool would that be. Also go to www.Madmaxmovies.com and you can get build sheets and all sorts of stuff for that. O and Whitehouse makes the leathers and the badges as well. Holy sh*t that would be cool.

I'm envious.

Comment

Another Ford man! Know what it has for a rear-end?

Comment

Nice

With some hard work, you could have a really nice car. Sad to say I am almost old enough to have had one of those in it's day

Ghost, your Mad Max idea is the coolest I have heard. That would kick ace!

We will see two BMW M3s possibly compete in D1 either this year or in 2005 and you will see the same cars in Formula D. How much longer will it be until we see a Mustang or Camaro in D1? Someone with the driving skills will become competitve with one and will get a LOT of press for driving an oddball Drift machine.

Is it the VIP style guys in Japan that are doing really interesting things with Chevy Astro vans? What about drifting with vans, will that ever happen?

Pure

www.puredrifting.com

Comment

forget trying to drift that thing. just restore it and sell it for lots of money. hehe.

Comment

Can you ask your father if he have another oldie like that that he could give me... No but I would like having that kind of project, I like those wheels, are they originals? They seem to look great (as I can see from the pics) I hope you'll find a good engine to put in.

Comment

I got an oldie i'll sell ya. It's sitting in my garage in Atlanta. 1956 Plymouth. Flat black with flame job, slammed on the ground with skirts. Got flamethrowers rigged as well. Needs a motor but what do you know, got one sitting in the garage to go with it. Has some rust though. It's just an all round mean *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Backside.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Re: Dont laugh...

Originally posted by racerjon777
                            OK, i love drifting, and ill tell ya...i dont exactly have the best drift vehicle out there, well, i dont use it to drift, but i love it...the only thing is its a domestic.....so NO LAUGHING!

here is the link: MY CAR
                            you get that back seat taken care of yet. It looked to be in good order for you know what. You can still almost stretch your legs all the way out in the back of one of those.

Comment

definitely! and the rear windows roll down!!

The wheels are 1965 Cragar SS's. Original made in 1965.

The rear end is a ford 9 inch, it has the heavy duty suspension and rear end. I'm looking for a 302 or 351 fer it, but it is an awesome car.

Comment

Working...
                              X