NICK HOGAN, Drifting a VIPER?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NICK HOGAN, Drifting a VIPER?

ok I was watching "the best damn sports show period" and they had Hulk Hogan on and he said his 15 year old son Nick just signed with dodge to drift the viper. I did a search and couldn't really find much most was links talking about his(nick hogan) supra but I did find a article stating "On April 8, MOPAR will announce that the teen will be driving a new Viper in its "drifting" event, a new sideways race series."

does anyone know about this? is this just some mopar event, or will he be drifting in formula D????

link to article not much about him drifting its more about Hulk Hogan

I heard somewhere on here that the Viper is going to be turned into a track grip car after the Charger becomes alive.

Thanks for bringing new stuff here.

Comment

And as far as I know Nick doesnt have his fd license so no Formula d for him this season.

Comment

Originally posted by brainfood
        And as far as I know Nick doesnt have his fd license so no Formula d for him this season.
        yup. And the people at Formula D are pretty steadfast on this. Although he might come out for some other exhibitions.

Supposedly, Nick was bragging on SupraForums (his supra has been well documented, and he's very active in the Supra community) about how he has been training for awhile in FL, and he had signed some deal to drift Sam's old Viper in Formula D. This was back in mid February. But, since he didn't show up to either of the 2 qualifiers which were after that post, he is ineligible to drive in FD this season.

Who knows what may pan out, but it won't happy in FD for at least another year (unless additional East Coast qualifiers are run... which remains to be seen at this point)

Comment

Wtf are you guys serious? wouldnt doubt it though. I also heard it was going to be turned back over to the road racing team that owned it. hmm. should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Motdyn-Ls1fd
            Wtf are you guys serious? wouldnt doubt it though. I also heard it was going to be turned back over to the road racing team that owned it. hmm. should be interesting.
            It's true...he's going to be in a Viper. Assuming he can work something out to be eligible to compete.

More power to him...the kid is definitely "living the dream." Fresh blood in the sport is good...and if Formula D is smart, they do whatever takes to make him eligible. Think of the media attention it'd bring to the events! That's good for everybody!

Comment

^^I strongly disagree^^

Comment

Originally posted by craiglieberman
                and if Formula D is smart, they do whatever takes to make him eligible.
                False! My hope is that they do not do whatever it takes, and instead go by the rules and regulations. Having money and exposure should not in any way give you a golden ticket into formula d. I understand the idea of marketing the series, and the more exposure the better. However, if Nick "gets in" to formula d, it may be good exposure for the series for the first 15 min from his father being his father, but it would do more damage by alienating competitors, would-be competitors who could not bend the rules like nick did, and with the real fans. Imagine the crap storm that would occur if anything happened to nick or anyone else if he made a mistake, and everything came to light about him being 15 and having special privlages to get into the series. Being fair, well defined, and steadfast will do so much more for formula d longterm, than having loopholes and exposure.

There is lots of talk on this on ziptied as well.

Comment

that sucks how he could do all that just because of who his dad is...is he even able to drift?

Comment

Originally posted by craiglieberman
                    It's true...he's going to be in a Viper. Assuming he can work something out to be eligible to compete.

More power to him...the kid is definitely "living the dream." Fresh blood in the sport is good...and if Formula D is smart, they do whatever takes to make him eligible. Think of the media attention it'd bring to the events! That's good for everybody!
                    Strongly disagree. That would totally take out the integrity of the series. I have faith in Formula D that they would not do something like that.
                    Hubert Young
                    KORE 8 Films

Comment

Here is the reality:

1. We require a license to compete in the pro series
                      - To receive a license you must either have had one pro point on the '05 Championship or..
                      - Have petitioned to get a license based on a minimum requirement of experience in another series, ie: Nob Taniguchi would be fine, Kazu is fine.

2. You must be at least 16 years of age to compete in the pro series

There will be more qualifying events this season at which Nick or anyone is allowed to try and get a license. We cannot alter or change the rules or tell our insurance company that we do not care about their policies to accomodate something of this nature regardless of the press.

We are here to grow drifting for the long term and will only make decisions that we feel continue to strengthen competitive field and relationship with all those that have gone through the appropriate process to be where they are now.

FD

Comment

Originally posted by Formula D
                        Here is the reality:

1. We require a license to compete in the pro series
                        - To receive a license you must either have had one pro point on the '05 Championship or..
                        - Have petitioned to get a license based on a minimum requirement of experience in another series, ie: Nob Taniguchi would be fine, Kazu is fine.

2. You must be at least 16 years of age to compete in the pro series

There will be more qualifying events this season at which Nick or anyone is allowed to try and get a license. We cannot alter or change the rules or tell our insurance company that we do not care about their policies to accomodate something of this nature regardless of the press.

We are here to grow drifting for the long term and will only make decisions that we feel continue to strengthen competitive field and relationship with all those that have gone through the appropriate process to be where they are now.

FD
                        Sorry...didn't mean to imply that you should bend the rules, just work hard to ensure that he jumps through the hoops he needs to in order to be eligible.

Having run a pro racing series myself, I respect and admire the integrity of any series that doesn't turn a blind eye to safety and eligibility requirements.

Hopefully, Nick is working closely with you guys to see to it that the minimums are met.

Comment

Big upss if this kids got the skill cause god knows i can't even compete on video games. On an off topic, you see daughter of Hogan, ridiculous!

Comment

Good call fd. I think if stuff like this was allowed to happen it would just make all of us look like a joke. Why should any of us be judged differently because who we are?

Comment

Its funny how people say we need more blood in a sport that has only been around in america for five years haha. We dont need new blood, all the people in FD are new blood in my oppinion. We do need to up the skill level of the drivers we alread have though.

Comment

Working...
                              X