Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hubinette Begins Hunt For Second Championship At Long Beach

HUBINETTE BEGINS HUNT FOR SECOND CHAMPIONSHIP AT LONG BEACH

Center Line, Mich. — Team Mopar’s Samuel Hubinette, the inaugural 2004 Need For Speed Formula D Drift champion, will kick off his quest for a second title when the 2006 season opens this weekend at Long Beach, Calif.

Hubinette, known as the “Crazy Swede,” posted a runner-up finish in 2005, piloting his Mopar SRT10 Dodge Viper. He notched two wins: one at Road Atlanta one and at Soldier Field. He’ll take the wheel of the Viper again for Round 1 at Long Beach this weekend, while the buildup of his Mopar Dodge Charger SRT8 is completed in time for Round 2 at Road Atlanta.

“I can’t wait to get the season started,” said Hubinette. “I’ve had a lot of experience with the Mopar SRT10 Dodge Viper, which I think will help me in the first event. NuFormz Racing and my team owner, Shaun Carlson, can focus on preparing the Mopar Dodge Charger SRT8 for Road Atlanta. I haven’t had a lot of practice time prior to the last two season openers, and it has been a challenge. I think it will help to have some practice time in the Charger before we compete with it.”

“We’re glad that Samuel will be leading Mopar’s drifting efforts in 2006,” said Kevin Miller, Senior Manager, Mopar Brand, Performance and Motorsports. “With his 2004 championship and runner-up finish last season, he is recognized as one the best drifters in the world. He has proven he can win with the Mopar SRT10 Dodge Viper, and we’re confident once the Mopar Dodge Charger SRT8 is battle-ready, he’ll be successful in that car as well.”
Working...
X