Ka24de-t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ka24de-t

What do you all think of a turbo KA. Do you guys really think its worth the trouble of goin through the process of getting a sr20 and then getting it smoged later on. Just wondering your guys opinion on this.

Even if you turbo the KA, its still not legal technically, so either way its gonna be hard. I just think that it's an alternative to swapping an engine, and it can be cheaper if you do it yourself. I plan on doing a turbo KA w/ 6-7 psi and 205ish rwhp for around 800+/-, hopefully it works out that way. Figure that a running SR usually runs people about 2500+/- and a CA can run about 1800+/- depending on where you get the engine, I hope I come out on top with stock SR power for about 3rd the price.

Comment

Yeah i know that it is not legal to turbo the motor, but will it still pass smog that is my worries, i dont know if the turbo will make it so it wont. I i know that the SR wont pass somg, and im not so sure about the CA. I wouldnt mind have a CA but i dont know if that will pass somg. i was looking in to gettin one but if any one knows if it does, and if any one knows where i could get a not so legal car somged the the Orenge County area please hit me up...

Comment

XS engineering and Greddy both make CARB exempt turbo kits. Not that I have ever been a man that works with a kit. I know other companies make em but I dont know if they are.

Comment

raging panda what are you going to use to tubo your ka??? cuase i just turbo'd my hommie's for him and we bought the manifold for 400 so i take it that you are going to do all the work your self and make it a junk yard turbo set up?? wel if you are here is a web site that i found. To bad i did not find it until i was almost finished

http://www.geocities.com/sxt240/SOHCmanifold.html

ignore the sohc manifold but the other info is really good

Comment

jgs makes a weld-your-own manifold for 150, so if you know how to weld, or know someone that does, you have a manifold for about 150+shipping.

Comment

amen. and better acceleration. I keep tellin yall torque is a good thing.

Comment

Working...
              X