ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SAMUEL HUBINETTE, FORMULA D Long Beach Winner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAMUEL HUBINETTE, FORMULA D Long Beach Winner!

SAMUEL HUBINETTE, FORMULA D Long Beach Winner!

Samuel Hubinette, the "Crazy Swede," kicked off the Need For Speed Formula D Drift 2006 season in style, taking the Round 1 win at Long Beach, Calif., in his NuFormz Racing Mopar Dodge Viper SRT10.

Hubinette qualified sixth, then lined up against the Mustang of Vaughn Gittin Jr., in the first elimination round. After two passes, the crowd chanted "one more time," and that’s just what they got. The two drivers went head-to-head again. Contact between Hubinette and Gittin resulted in a lengthy deliberation by the judges, who awarded the win to Hubinette, after it was determined that Gittin had a mechanical problem, causing the contact.

Hubinette next defeated Tanner Foust in the Great Eight round and took the win over Ken Gushi in the Final Four, setting up a final round match against Rhys Millen, the 2005 champ. Millen spun out on the first pass, sealing the win for Hubinette and giving him his first victory since last year at Chicago.

"It was a phenomenal start for 2006, compared to 2005 when we made the round of 16 but didn’t advance," said Hubinette. "I had to struggle all season last year to work my points up. To get the full 100 points, that’s a great way to start the season. Especially now that we’re working on the new car [the Mopar Dodge Charger SRT8], there is always development time. The fact that I could run the Viper here, get a good start and be up at the top level is just so golden for me."

Hubinette will look to make it two in a row and maintain his points lead, when he debuts the new Mopar Dodge Charger SRT8 in Round 2 at Atlanta, May 12-13.

MORE INFO ABOUT SAMUEL HUBINETTE
    http://www.drifting.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18847

congratulations, Sam.

Comment

Great job today Sam. You were super consistant all day!

Comment

WOW.
        That was a very intense day I must say.
        To first have to go up against JR and doing a one more time. That was an awesome run we had, as always with him.
        And then another one more time with Tanner, with his new car. He was sick out there with his new ride.
        Gush and Rhys are always on their game.
        Thank you all for coming out and watch today.

Now I am heading out to celebrate.

Samuel

Comment

Video

Please, someone put up a video?

Comment

Originally posted by shubinette
            WOW.
            That was a very intense day I must say.
            To first have to go up against JR and doing a one more time. That was an awesome run we had, as always with him.
            And then another one more time with Tanner, with his new car. He was sick out there with his new ride.
            Gush and Rhys are always on their game.
            Thank you all for coming out and watch today.

Now I am heading out to celebrate.

Samuel
            Damn, you had to go through Gitten, Foust, Gushi, and Rhys to get there? Congrats on the victory.

Comment

Congrats Sam, Nice way to start off a new season.

Comment

Mr. sam's win

Sam!!!!

You had some tough battles and it was a tough win! Congrats!!!!

See you in Atlanta

Casper

Comment

I have no idea what happened (since I live on a rock haha) but sounds like you had some crazy battles. Congrats on the win!

Hey side question, when will we see that Charger? Kinda interested in hearing how much time you had to spend tuning that beast to slide.

Comment

The Charger should be ready for Atlanta,I hope!

Yeah, It was not an easy day I must say.
                    But lots of fun with all of you guys out there.
                    Looking forward to Atlanta, Should be fun.

Comment

Congrats Sam! Looking forward to seeing the Charger!

Comment

congrats, to sam

Comment

us people that could not attend are dying here. Where are the pictures, video clips, and spectator commentaries?

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
                            us people that could not attend are dying here. Where are the pictures, video clips, and spectator commentaries?
                            seriously? i feel like i'm in another country. i want pics and vids

Comment

Originally posted by slideways2004
                              seriously? i feel like i'm in another country. i want pics and vids
                              Hey guys..pics on V562 will be up soon..Long Beach was really really rough photography wise but we managed to get almost 600 pictures.

Vids are a different story we didn't get any this time but hopefully some of the spectators may have some.

Comment

Working...
                              X