Drift/Time Attack Crossover Vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drift/Time Attack Crossover Vehicle

Since getting a new car is sneeking up on me soon I was wondering what ppls opinions were on this question. What do you think would be the best car for both Drift and Time Attack (or any road racing for that matter).

Ive been playing with some unusaul ideas like an SR'd 240/260z but I dunno?

as proven by Signal Auto this past weekend - 1000hp r34 skyline

Comment

FC's drift fine and they handle good too. Same with the FD if you can afford that. But then there are always cars such as miata's and trueno's which both have the potential to be very good at grip/drift. Then again any drift car can grip well if it has really awesome suspension and tires, the right setup, and a good driver. Some of the D1 cars got really good times on Tsukuba.

Comment

Heres my deal... It has to be fast (so Trueno is out) and relatively cheap. FC and FD sounds good. But are they very compatitive cars in Time Attack?

What do yall think bout the 240/260z? One of my friends swears it wont handle for sh!t but w/ an SR I bet it would tear it up!

Comment

theres a reson everyon has a s chassis. either get an engineering degree and some really awesome tools, have someone who knows what they are doing build a 100k "omg this has never been done before" car that is mediocre at best, or just go with what is proven to work.

you want cheap, go with s chassis. it works.

Comment

Whats up mike. Yeah thats why ive been fighting selling my s14. But my court date is coming up soon for my damn ref ticket so I thought the easiest way out would be get something cheaper (fc, 240z) and throw a lot of money and mods at it. Beleive me, if i could keep my S14 i would. Drift /Grip cars dont get much better than that.

Comment

Yo whats up, keep the S14 regeister it as off road only cause you allready spent dough on it to get it to where its at, and buy yourself a nice clean a$$$$ truck,so you can haul it to the track,LOLLOL but Im serious. Then if you want pick up a beater car thats got upgrade & style potential so you can take your honey around town and upgrade it as you go.PEACE GO-RILLA STYLE

Comment

I would LOVE to do that but I dont know if its possible at this point. My court date is in like a week and a half!!! Im sure gonna try tho.

BTW- Im pissed I havent been able to make it out to the meets the past few weeks. But Its been raining like nuts and I dont bother driving freeways with my bald *Censored**Censored**Censored* tires when they turn into rivers.

Hopefully next teusday will be dry so i can cruise out!

Comment

it depends on whats your budget?
                  also are you looking for more power/speed over handling or handling over power/speed?

Comment

You don't need an sr swap into a 240z. There is a reason these cars are classed in ITS for SCCA club racing. They can do very well in the time attack. For drifting though it would take getting used to, as the driver sits almost on top of the rear axle. Tripple webbers and the right build can put out a pretty good amount of power, gears can be found easily and the diff is very strong.

Comment

Working...
                    X