FORMULA D DRIVERS (From the Judges)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FORMULA D DRIVERS (From the Judges)

from all the fromula d judges alex, ken, and andy Just wnated to take this chance to say..what a great job all the drivers and teams did this weekend. keep up the good work and well see you guys on Round 2. Remember if the drivers are new to round 2 the track is kinda tricky so get the cars ready. good luck!
    DRIVE SAFE ANDY YEN SWING Battle

Thanks it was a disapointing weekend but no place I would have rather been.

Comment

For those of you last year might remember me telling you guys that a lot of teams and drivers in Japan are watching & talking about what were doing here in the States. In their eyes they see opportunity, true sportsmanship, manufacture support, a real appreciation and connection with the fans, & fairness (because it’s judged by a panel no one single man).
      It is YOU guys! The drivers and your sponsors that made this sport an “American” Drifting competition. And with your competitive spirit, the love of the sport and respect to your fellow drivers you have exuded the true meaning of sportsmanship. Round 1 was a good example of how many Japanese D1 and non D1 driver came across the Pacific to compete in our series. Support them & thank them! Because it is their presents in Formula D that we can say FD is growing globally. And give yourselves a pat on the back, because with your involvement your making other drivers (from difference countries ex: JPN, UK, & Australia) what to compete, so your kinda like ambassadors of drifting.

So I congratulate you and wish you good luck. It is an honor to judge you guys. And I thank Formula D for giving Andy, Alex and I this opportunity.

Gambatte!
      Ken Takahashi, Judge
      Last edited by BestMotoring; 04-06-2006, 10:06 AM.

Comment

I would also like to thank the teams, drivers, and staff for such a good weekend.
        BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

Andy, Alex, and Ken, thank you for giving us what we've really needed...fair, educated judging from a panel of our peers. The FD staff and judges helped us with an awesome program this weekend, and it was excellent.

Your hardwork is appreciated guys. Atlanta is going to be awesome.

Comment

Judges,

Nice work this weekend... The clear explanation of what you were looking for in the qual runs, and trying to stick with that premise through the tandem battles was a move in the right direction. I think we saw higher speeds in the show because lead drivers weren't as worried about fighting off a pass every time they went to the outside wall (ehem, or maybe it was the inside wall preventing the pass ). Either way, good work.

Add the radar gun (having access to competitor’s speeds) and the new qual format with instant ranking (which I know is still getting ironed out) and I'm lovin it!

Looking forward to Atlanta!

Comment

Even though Long Beach was disappointing to me, it was a very good event with very good competition. All the drivers and fans had fun and we are all looking forward to round 2 at Atlanta.

The differential on my car ceased and then broke the transmission. Double whammies

Thanks to the judges for their hard work. I can totally see Alex just wants to drive so bad!

I want to also thank my Norcal hommie Faruk, Kevin, Henry and Team Falken for their effort to try to fix the car so I could run in the round of 32. Very unfortunate that we didn't have enough time.

One comment: I really hope the wait time during the round of 16 can be minimized or at least have a firm schedule of when the competition is going to resume. The energy from the fans started out good but died down after numerous "10 minute" breaks. We got to keep the energy going!

Last edited by Hubert Young; 04-06-2006, 10:13 AM.
              Hubert Young
              KORE 8 Films

Comment

i hate hubert, but only because im jelous of how clean his car is.

coupe > hatch

onevia > star

Comment

kool

Yea great job Judges Competetors Everyone... This was by far the most exciting and memorable event for me.

thanks to all my sposors
                  Bridgestone
                  Grenade
                  Mazdatrix
                  Neo Synthetics / Baker

Hope to see you all soon and dont forget to have fun

Last edited by drift7; 04-06-2006, 11:31 AM.

Comment

What a great event as the announcer I can really see how the energy level with the audience and overall the event was AMAZING.

The crowd was awesome and really involved, the technical breakdown and being able to speak to the judges now really helps everybody understand the thought process of why they scored one way or the other.

Thanks to the drivers, judges, FD crew and of course the FANS, without them there would be no Formula Drift!!!

See you in Hotlanta!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Congrats on a great event. Drifting in Downtown LB is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubert Young
                        Even though Long Beach was disappointing to me, it was a very good event with very good competition. All the drivers and fans had fun and we are all looking forward to round 2 at Atlanta.

The differential on my car ceased and then broke the transmission. Double whammies

Thanks to the judges for their hard work. I can totally see Alex just wants to drive so bad!

I want to also thank my Norcal hommie Faruk, Kevin, Henry and Team Falken for their effort to try to fix the car so I could run in the round of 32. Very unfortunate that we didn't have enough time.

One comment: I really hope the wait time during the round of 16 can be minimized or at least have a firm schedule of when the competition is going to resume. The energy from the fans started out good but died down after numerous "10 minute" breaks. We got to keep the energy going!

Hey, i heard what happen with you man, that sucks. Didnt Vahn have a similar problem?

As a Fan:

Well I agree with you about the 10 minute down time. I still think we should have drivers that didnt qualify come out to entertain the crowd in between breaks. None stop action will keep the croud hyped and in there seats.

Hey Alex, thanks for doing a great job informing people about the judging calls. You guys did a great job judging this event and I hope you guys keep up the good work.

I also would like to thank all the drivers who took out time out of there busy days to talk to us fans. It means alot to get insight from other drivers or just to know they agknowledge us as fans.

Cant wait til Irwindale.....

Comment

I came out from Chicago for this event. I must say I am VERY glad I did. meeting a lot of the drivers/teams and seeing everyone come out ROCKED! I only have one regret. I didn't get a F.D. T-shirt that said. "All Smoke No Mirrors" But I will be sure to get one when FD stop in Chicago! I cant wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Elite
                            Well I agree with you about the 10 minute down time. I still think we should have drivers that didnt qualify come out to entertain the crowd in between breaks. None stop action will keep the croud hyped and in there seats.
                            i dont know man. if theres action all day when do you eat, poop, meet your freind that cant find you, buy stuff? im glad there is downtime, i think a little bit of a break in the finals woudl have rocked, but if i was watching id want to make sure i had time to poop and stuff without having to miss one bit of action, which is what breaks are for. unless they could like make holes in the bleachers, but that woudl suck to clean up afterwards, and would probably smell really bad.

Comment

It was a great experience for me to run at streets of Long Beach. Alex and Andy made their points very clear on how they want us to perform. Most of all I gotta thank everyone that made this event went smoothly.
                              Sorry to hear about the the drivetrain problem Hubert...but you look good out there.
                              Keep it up n' see you all at ATL.

Martin.

Comment

Working...
                              X