Thanks! Long Beach Grand Prix - Formula D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks! Long Beach Grand Prix - Formula D

Just a big shout out to all the Formula D drivers that participated in the Team Competitions this weekend. Once again, people saw and were amazed by drifting and two weeks in a row drifting history has been made.

Last year, as a test, Formula D team were released on the track before the Champ Car race to let people get a taste. After 90k plus race fans were on their feet last year, this year the GP Association decided to put us on after the Champ Car race. Reason: Everyone leaves after the race. Not this year. Everyone that came stayed in their seats and cheered Formula D drivers as they competed in team format for 15 minutes.

If you were not there it was absolutely unbelieveable. Imagine 100,000 mouths screaming. This WAS the largest audience to ever witness drifting live and Long Beach being one of the great races nationally and internationally it once again showed people how far drifting has come and how far it will continue to go. People are saying attendnace was like old CART days.

Thanks to all the drivers. You make this happen!!

FD

even though i didnt get to drive the team competition over the weekend, i wanted to say thank you so much for letting drive on your course. the fd round 1 competition was my first time to long beach, and it was a blast. thank you guys so much! hopefully ill get to drive the full course next year!

Comment

Reading the Speed TV article was interesting in regards to the Long Beach Formula D!

I saw some vids and it looks bad *Censored**Censored**Censored*!

-Al

Comment

Thanks goes out to all the drifters that put their cars on the line, the crew for making it happen and of course ALL of the fans.

I'd like to believe that the event was like old cart event due to everybody knowing DRIFTING was making a repeat visit but who knows, hahaha.

Being up at the announcing booth yelling SEND IT to 100,000+ fans is just so awesome, the crowd was so into it's ridiculous!

While I'm standing on the Start/Finish line yelling "Let me hear ya Long Beach, what do you think of drifting?" the crowd can be heard all the way on ther side of the track!

I hope Chris, JR, Dai, Rhys, Kenji, Tyler, Conrad and the others come on here and comment on their experience.

I know I had a good time and hope we're invited back next year.

Oh yeah P.S. Shout out to my boy Bucky for being victorous in the Pro/Celebrity race, yeah Buck!

Comment

Long Beach was awesome! Definetly the highlight of the year thus far.

Comment

Working...
          X