Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUPER AFC apex settings

im getting a SAFC II for my 90 turbo II
    any people got one in their FC3s?Anybody got one in any car??
    Help me tune mine,Just give me some good ideas.I have read up alot of stuff online , but I just wanna get some tips and ideas.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by JunpoweR; 02-15-2004, 07:33 AM.

ive got that jgtc safc II on mine for now (f #$k this im going haltech in a couple weeks)...If u dont know how to set the initial settings, a good place to look would be www.1300cc.com. My instructions were only in japanese, so that helped me out a bit. As for tuning, its not smart to adjust the safc based on someone elses settings because most likely they are not running the same modifications you are...even if so, you adjust your safc according to your car not anyone elses. For getting the best out of your engine with the safc, dyno tune it. Or get a hold of a private wideband unit, this way you can adjust your safc per acurate a/f ratio. Dyno tuning is the absolute way to do anything, any other way would just be guessing.

btw what mods do you have on your fc?

Comment

SAFC 2

Yea i was just wondering how people do tune it.
      Does it learn from the stock map first??
      or do i have to do any adjusting to get it at stock??

Comment

Originally posted by P1STON2ROTARY
        ive got that jgtc safc II on mine for now (f u c k this im going haltech in a couple weeks)...If u dont know how to set the initial settings, a good place to look would be www.1300cc.com. My instructions were only in japanese, so that helped me out a bit. As for tuning, its not smart to adjust the safc based on someone elses settings because most likely they are not running the same modifications you are...even if so, you adjust your safc according to your car not anyone elses. For getting the best out of your engine with the safc, dyno tune it. Or get a hold of a private wideband unit, this way you can adjust your safc per acurate a/f ratio. Dyno tuning is the absolute way to do anything, any other way would just be guessing.

He's absolutely right, get a wide band o2 sensor (to keep from leaning out and popping your motor) and a dyno (or lonesome stretch of straight road)

Have fun.

Comment

Re: SAFC 2

Originally posted by JunpoweR
          Originally posted by JunpoweR
          The safc only manipulates your ecu...It takes the air flow signal and converts that into an air ammount value and is tuned by increasing or decreasing the adjusting rate per rpm (neo point), then its converted to the equivalent air flow signal and sent back to the ecu and will be sending more or less fuel depending on that reading. If u havent messed with the adjustment settings yet, the adjusting rate is flat right now on the hi and lo thrtl settings, therefore your running stock nothing is adjusted. If you add 10% to the adjusting rate, on whatever neo point the afc will send the ecu an ammount of 10% more air flow (remember equivalent ammount of the air flow signal) and burn 10% more fuel. So once you get a hold of a wideband check your air fuel ratios and just adjust the settings to what your goal across the board a/f's would be...either by decreasing or increasing the adjustments. Its pretty meteocre but if it gets your job done then its great. If you dont know what your doing take it for a dyno tune session. Highway tuning is some fun and would be something to do witha apassenger imagine trying to read the a/fs off of the wideband and trying to correct your afc while doing 100 something down the freeway by yourself lol.

well anyways First set the intial primary settings found in the etc section (these are for your s5 rx7 TII), (sensor type)=flap, (sensor number)=06 in, 06 out, (car select)= cyl=4, thr or throttle sensor type=diagonal arrow up to the right then you adjust your knock after turning your car off and back on. After this is completed everything is running as it should have been before as stock. The tuning will be done in the settings menu where you have your 12 adjustable neo points that are currently configured in increments of 600 rpm...the default points start at 1000-7600 after 7600 i believe the value will not change for whatever adjustments u have made to the hi/low throttle categories...I think u can also change the neo points in 200 rpm increments besides standard, but each neo point has to be at least 200 rpm above the one before it. These are the certain rpm points that you go by when tuning the adjusting rates. The hi/and lo throttle settings are your different maps that initiate at different percantages read by the tps=throttle position sensor (or how much you put your foot on the throttle). Theres a section called th-point and u can set at where u want these high or low maps to come on, like lets say you set your lo-thrtl at 30% then everything under 30% throttle would run off this map. Then lets say you put your high-thrtl set at 80% now your high throttle map will come on when you press the gas above 80%...now the 50% between 30% and 80% will be given values with a linear relationship based off of the two maps..theres also a formula for that but i dont or havent taken the time to understand it myself. Im about to fall asleep i dunno if this will help you but yea here. Its 3:51 here so if anyone has anything to add or correct feel free please lol, im tired as sh1t.

ps. The tps on an s4 turbo II for the s4 1987-88 guys is different so when you set your th-point set it at around 98 low and 99 high. The reason being if u press the gas around 30 something percent of the way down the tps reads 100%. So you want the lo throttle settings to be 98 percent which would be around or almost 30% of the throttle pressed. This means at 30% throttle and 98% tps reading, your lo thrtl settings would be initiated, and anything after 30% pressed gas, your high throttle settings would be initiated, so the s5 TII has more freedom with this feature. I wish the afc was naturally pressure dependant and not this tps bullsht but ohwell, Some rx guys have been setting it up to read pressure intstead of thrtl tho so yea i dunno, im just not caring enough to try it. If your interested theres some threads on rx7club about it.
          Last edited by P1STON2ROTARY; 02-14-2004, 05:10 AM.

Comment

nice this is what the tech needs.

Comment

Piston 2 Roto ALSO!!

Thank YOU!!
              Yes We do need more Tech Like this..
              Very detailed..
              Thanks again, this will help me with my tune...

OH ALSO!!!

Is a S-AFC2 good for up to 250 - 300 RWHP...?

This is what i will be running probably:
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              I will be using a EGT to watch the exhaust temps.

SAFC2(super air fuel controller)

ITC (ignition timing controller)

Walboro in tank fuel pump 95gph

Rising rate fuel pressure regulator..

Some type of boost controller and fuel cut defenser.

Also I will probably need bigger secondary injectors,
              what kind will I need to boost about 12 psi. max , and will this setup be safe for up to 300 RWHP...?
              Last edited by JunpoweR; 02-15-2004, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Is a S-AFC2 good for up to 250 - 300 RWHP...?
                Yea man, it should be fine.

Also I will probably need bigger secondary injectors,
                what kind will I need to boost about 12 psi. max , and will this setup be safe for up to 300 RWHP...?
                You could try out 720's(might be cutting it close though at 300whp but fine on 12bls of boost) or go with 850cc injectors. As for up to 300whp safety, all of the aspects that your covering are good, (fuel pump, fp, fuel cut defenser, fuel controller) those are definately necessities. Your list should easily support 300whp depending on which injectors you choose, but the rest of the list sounds good.

Comment

SAFC not recommended for 300+ hp. AFC capable or correcting 500cc injectors, anymore will result in poor drivability. To tune for high horsepower invest in standalone engine management. More than the fuel will need to be addressed (timing as well) if car is to make 300hp reliably.

ex: msd btm+apex afc, cheap, ok for 200-280hp. 300+? ->time bomb

proper timing is crucial, especially when at WOT. MSD btm does not have capability to tune seperately for every RPM range. WOT+high boost, Engine goes BOOM.

in SR20DET, for 300+ at rear wheels, car WILL need at least 720cc injectors. 500cc will be at 90% duty cycle. Too much for injector. Once injector clogs, engine goes BOOM.

Comment

As for the 300hp i think he was wondering if it would be good for 300hp on a rotary. The tII runs 550cc stock primaries and secondaries and the safc II is capable of adjusting 50+/-. The 720 cc inj isnt an incredible jump up. The safc II is capable of supporting 300hp on a rotary...the stock tII ignition is good for around 400hp wheres the need for ignition amplifying lol? Maybe im lost here or are you just talking about an sr20? As long as your managing your a/f ratio and keeping a safety for secondary initiating and redline then you will be fine.
                    Last edited by P1STON2ROTARY; 02-20-2004, 03:12 PM.

Comment

THANKS

Any Info for any car will be great..
                      I do own a FC TURBO II but any idea and tips are welcome.
                      Especialy 13BT guys..

thanks

Comment

I was refering to a SR20 engine. Yes, the correction factor for a afc is only +/- 50%, so TII will be able to use much bigger injectors than SR.

For factory turbocharged vehicles like the TII and SR20, ignition timing is not too big of a factor. The factory ecu will handle that.

MSD BTM is for KA, or non-factory turbocharged cars.

To acheive same reliability as a SR for KA, one would have to use JWT ecu, or stand alone.

sorry for the errors.

Comment

THX

Thank you...Yes but to stay on the safe side i will be running some form of timing controll..i was thinking a APEX ITC to go with my SAFC2 but i was reading up on the Greddy E manage and damm i want one of those!!..

Comment

Came in today!!

Well after a long wait from wjdm on e bay i finally got my Super AFC 2..
                            IMO it will keep stock fuel curve once I install it..
                            So I guess they say FC's run rich so I'll probably be leaning out the mixture a little..I probably won't mess with it untill I have a EGT and a Air \ Fuel Meter..I need to measure fuel curve and tempatures to get some kind of tuning.Also I will be getting a MAP sensor for the SAFC to run off of instead of throttle position..(using TPS in a FC)This should be better for fuel needs under boost instead of throttle position..

Untill I install It here some pics of it in my hands.Looks Like the controlls are made for baby fingers!!!Hopefuly it won't give me a hard time..
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by JunpoweR; 03-02-2004, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X