• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPORTS ILLUSTRATED Drifting Feature

Drifting on SI.com

Article on Drifting

Right on Andrew Hateley!

and..WTF???????

According to Naoki Kobayashi, vice president and co-founder of Drift Alliance, a collective that has been sponsoring drift days at local racetracks

Comment

wow, those shots are a little old, because Andy Hately's car has been at least partially Laguna Seca blue since around November of last year... and is that Jenny Chu i see in the group shot? lol...

Obviously, they confused Drift Alliance with Drift Association on the credit of Naoki.

Still great to see publicity in a magazine like SI, which has always stuck to mostly "mainstream" sports!!

Comment

this all took place about early last year i believe..

Comment

Originally posted by Stannyboy
          this all took place about early last year i believe..

Yes, they started working on this feature over 1 year ago.

Comment

This article was written in such a way to entertain the readers, many of which do not know about our sport yet. Although the story was exaggerated quite a bit, there is some truth to it. I know all of this because i was involved with the project heavily. We had given up on this story because of the fact that it took place over a year ago. Now that it finally made it i could say that the writer, one of which is pretty reputable, wrote it to entertain the readers. There are many things that need to be revised such as Naoki and Drift association LLC, the company that brings all the driftdays in socal and many major events in our industry. The people involved in the story know what really went on and should take this article for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

The article says I enter my canyon drifts at 90 mph? How did I get going 90 in 2nd gear?
              This stuff is very exagerated, and very old. I could stop laughing when reading it. Most of my quotes were made up by the writer. Oh well at least the article finally made it.

Comment

Is Perbeau even a company anymore or has it ever been?

Comment

hey andy, it was a good laugh and was a long time ago. i still remember that night when all you guys did was drive. being a "battle" is another story though. o well, good times.

and for that perbeau, its really supposed to be corbeau. the writer mixed up many of his facts.

Comment

wow...
                    i dont know what to say... i never played football and volleyball in high school!
                    anyways... like john said earlier, alot of that stuff was overly exagerated. they wanted a good story i guess. of all the things that were said wrong, i wanna correct the following the most... i do not vow revenge on Andy. it wasnt really a "race" through our eyes. but i guess it just seemed that way due to the situation. Vanessa's career goal isnt just to become an "import model" and pose next to hot rods at shows. modeling is just a side thing of hers. and we all know that Naoki is a crazy party animal who jumps off roofs and drinks 19 beers in 5 mins. and is VP of Drift Alliance... ok he's not... we all know who Naoki really is and that he allong w/ the rest of the staff, IS DRIFT ASSOCIATION.
                    so uhhh... yea... ummm keep it on the tracks!
                    k bye.

Comment

Working...
                    X