The California Drifting Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The California Drifting Championship

Found this on the NCDA site. Sounds really cool. I was waiting to see if something like this would happen. I still think us Norcal foke got some catching up to do.

The California Drifting Championship announced itself today and launched its web site, www.driftingchampionship.com. The California Drifting Championship provides California's top amateur drifters with a season-ending championship competition between Norcal and Socal. The Norcal League is represented by NCDA and the Socal League is represented by JustDrift. NCDA's Night Drift Competitions and JustDrift's Top Drift Battles will be used to gather points throughout the season and determine each league's top eight drivers. These sixteen drivers will battle each other at NCDA's day-after-Thanksgiving event at Buttonwillow.

How CDC affects NCDA and JustDrift
    It doesn't. NCDA and JustDrift events will go on as planned, but with points counting for CDC as well. CDC will operate transparently at this point. It will maintain records on both groups' competitions and report news and information on its web site about both leagues and their drivers.

The Championship
    The top eight drivers from each league will be invited to Buttonwillow for the Championship. The morning will be open track, spent with other non-competition drivers, with the competition beginning in the early afternoon. The top four drivers from the Championship will receive cash prizes.

Schedule
    Feb. 26 Socal Round One
    May 18 Norcal Round One
    May 20 Socal Round Two
    June 15 Norcal Round Two
    June 26 Socal Round Three
    July 20 Norcal Round Three
    Aug. 17 Norcal Round Four
    Aug. 27 Socal Round Four
    Sept. 21 Norcal Round Five
    Sept. 28 Socal Round Five
    Oct. 19 Norcal Round Six
    Nov. 24 Final Round at Buttonwillow

umm is this for this year or next? sounds fun...

Comment

they have points standings for socal so must be this year

Comment

This sounds pretty awesome, I'm there.

Comment

Yes thats correct the series is for this year, and points are accumulating at just drift and ncda.net events.

Should be fun.

Comment

Thats pretty cool, I had heard something was going on and now I really know.

Comment

good luck to the CDC guys.

Unfortunately, due to previous encounters, I don't think i will be attending any of these events...

Comment

dam first we get a drift track and now our own little Championship setup...
                i like the idea of norcal vs socal haha

Comment

Originally posted by FD3S_pilot
                  dam first we get a drift track and now our own little Championship setup...
                  i like the idea of norcal vs socal haha
                  Yup things are getting intresting.

Comment

Working...
                  X