See like when i drift the lsd seems to gives out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See like when i drift the lsd seems to gives out

Do ya think i need a new tranny? if so what's better rebuilting or buying a new used one? i was doing donuts the other day and when i came out of it it seem like only one tire was spinning. WHat would be better? WHat would be better on my wallet? Know any place near OC area? SOmetimes the tranny grinds while putting into first gear while at a stop. i see fluid leaking a lil tiny bit where the shifter is underneath the car. sometime grind putting into 5th gear as well. think it's time for a new tranny? I changed the tranny fluid about 5-6 month back. i think so, please help me out. i'm still a novice when it comes to the technical parts of the car. thanks to whom ever can answer my question(s).

first off, what kind of car?? it sounds like your trans needs a rebuild or a replacement, but that has nothing to do with the diff. is it a stock lsd? its worn out. rebuild it if its a clutch type or buy a new one from an aftermarket company. enjoy

Comment

if one tire is spinning, then you either have an open diff, or your lsd is worn out. you might try a simple diff servicing, including changing the fluid, etc. that migth help.

if your tranny is grinding, you might jsut need syncros, not a whole noew box r a rebuild. also, your clutch could be out of adjustment.

what kind of car? what kind of diff?

Comment

yeah man.. can't help ya if we dont know what you're running

If you knwo the car has a LSD, it sounds like a bad VLSD or a worn clutch.(redundant comment)

Comment

If you actually have a vlsd and not open gear, it does sound as if its worn out. VLSD only kicks in when needed, so if you can still do donuts though it might be ok. It also kind of depends on what you call donuts. Are you just going around in a circle with the tires squeling or are you actually spinning in circles? Also, do a burnout and check the tire marks to see if you are spinning 2 wheels. 1 mark= no, 2=yes. Simple. Also, if you need a cheap diff, go welded. Welded to some people is better than 2way's, and they don't break axles normally like people claim.

If you have a sohc, your diff might be unloading from underpower too, but after doing donuts I doubt that.

-And with the transmission problem, all s-chassis cars grind when shifting. Do you have a new light-weight or after-market shift knob? If you do, you will hear the gears grind. It has always been there though, Nissan just designed the stock shift knob to be heavy so you don't hear the noise. If your transmission is clunking really hard though or sticking super bad, then yes, you may need a new transmission.

Comment

Working...
          X