DropTopDrifter V 2.0 , its coming....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DropTopDrifter V 2.0 , its coming....

So i've been working my my 99 Miata now for the past year or so. Most of that time was spent coming up with a game plan for what i need to do. Well, the car finally went to the shop 9whose also my sponsor) for a major part of the work. You can see what the car looked like in the sig. link below for emeraldsport.

Car should be done by then end of this month and will make it's first event at Drift Furn in Atlanta in June.

Including, but not limited to:

96 Miata block. Dropping compression from 9.5:1 to 9.0:1 Short block just had fresh rebuild and oversized pistons.

Lightweight flywheel and stage 2 Exedy 3-puck clutch.

460cc injectors

SAFC install and tune.

Full body scheme/graphics and new rear carbon wing

New wheels/tires.

sweet, cant wait to see the new car in action.

just wondering, since you have had both NA and NB, which do you prefer?
    pros, cons?

Comment

heres a teaser to the new body/paint/graphics...

http://www.photodump.com/direct/anon...elss/tease.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by MoNkEy_MaGiCx
        sweet, cant wait to see the new car in action.

just wondering, since you have had both NA and NB, which do you prefer?
        pros, cons?
        I liked the styling of the NA, and the tunability. They're very very similar chassis wise , with the NB's track being a bit wider. I thin kthe NB seems to carry more speed then the NA. I miss the NA because that was my baby.. and the most popular. But the Green one will be back with avengence soon

Comment

i just love the flippy light miatas

Comment

Borrowing the paint scheme from the Mazda Competition NC? Hmm...I wonder how it'll look on an NB. Well, good luck.

Comment

looks like a cool buildup! I love miatas! How much power will your new engine be making? And what does the drop in compression do?

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH
                looks like a cool buildup! I love miatas! How much power will your new engine be making? And what does the drop in compression do?
                well the block itself will remain stock except for the arp studs, only because the stock ones are not good to reuse and the ARP's are $25 more for the set. Luckily the stock headgasket is already metal so no point it a major upgraded one. Dropping the comp. down will make it a little more boost friendly as i plan on a front mount intercooler and a few more psi of boost. Eventually, i'd lake to change to a bigger blower, im running as 45 cid blower, which should be good for about 15psi or about 220-230rwhp, but a 62 cid blower is capable of over 300rwhp with a mild built motor and tuning.

Comment

ok thanks for clearing that up! wow 300rwhp combined with a small wheelbase car must make it hard to control.

Comment

Working...
                  X