D1GP (PRESS RELEASE) December 16th & 17th 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1GP (PRESS RELEASE) December 16th & 17th 2006

Since it’s genesis in 1999 by Daijiro Inada founder of Option Magazine, the D1 Grand Prix of Professional Drifting has become world renowned for it’s bone crunching collisions, eye popping drift action and edge of your seat excitement. However, 2006 has proven to be the most electrifying D1 Grand Prix season to date.

On March 4th, at Iriwindale Speedway, after a controversial Championship win in 2005, Yasuyuki Kazama proved he is a true slide-ways champion. Kazama won round 1 of the points series, defeating Nobushige Kumakubo in a dramatic sudden death round leaving Kumakubo’s Team Orange Imprezza spinning in a vortex of smoke. Round 2 in Sugo will prove to be just as spine-tingling, as will Fuji, and Autopolis, oh hell, D1 is the greatest drift show on earth and all the events will be thrilling, hair-raising rides. We’ve all come to expect a nail biting performance from D1 pros.

However, this season is different. This season, everything culminates into the most tire burning, carbon splintering, history making event that the drifting world has ever seen.

On December 16th & 17th 2006, the D1 Grand Prix of Professional drifting will bring the final round of the D1 Championship Points Series to Irwindale Speedway for what is being dubbed the D1 Grand Prix World Series. The best drifters from around the globe will converge for the first time to slide on Irwindale tarmac including the best drivers from Japan, the United States, England, Ireland, Australia, Belgium, Greece, France, Spain, China and Korea. A first of it’s kind for the world of drifting. But wait, the excitement doesn’t stop at D1’s version of a drifting global summit.

For the first time in D1 history, at Irwindale Speedway, fans will have the honor of watching Keiichi “The Drift King” Tsuchiya crown the D1 points Champion on American soil in front of an American audience. This extraordinary occasion will be shared by fans and drivers spanning the entire globe proving that drifting has truly become an international phenomenon.

And if you are saying “stop, it’s to much excitement!” Hold onto your socks because it doesn’t stop there. After a champion is crowned American audiences will be served D1 desert, a D1 World Exhibition round the very next day at Irwindale. All the top drivers including the newly crowned D1 champ will put the pedal to the metal putting a cherry on top of the most historic, breathtaking D1 season ever conceived. How will D1 top this in 2007, you wait and see. You’re about to be rocked even more.

Remember at D1, fans pay for the entire seat but they only use the edge of it, ONE MORE TIME, ONE MORE TIME, ONE MORE TIME.

“stop, it’s to much excitement!”

Comment

At this point the only thing D1 can do to impress me is courting back Taniguchi and ad an Eastcoast event.

Comment

NOB AKA No Other Baby he can stay his sore looserish but at home

"ONE MORE TIME ONE MORE TIME"'

I cant wait... I wonder if the ticket price is going to be sky high.

Comment

I'm curious how the Europeans will do against the American Jaggernauts and the Japanese Kamakasis. Or is that backwards?

Comment

dont forget us aussies down here

i'm curious to find out who from our land down under will be attending, IF any!

i also hope there is some form of TV coverage, because there will be a lot of us that won't be able to make the trip halfway across the world to witness this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Elite
              NOB AKA No Other Baby he can stay his sore looserish but at home
              Dems fighting words

Comment

Taniguchi a sore loser HMMMMNNNNNNN, IMO I dont think so. Keep it constructive .PEACE

Comment

It is time to bring D1GP to Road Atlanta. This weekend I'm pretty sure there were as many people there that can fit in Irwindale, and there was a whole other section that wasn't filled. I guarantee that by next year the house will be packed completely.

Comment

Working...
                  X