1st - Tanner

Comment

who is bill sherman?

Comment

goooo tanner, and whos bill sherman?

Comment

here was the play by play.

Top 16

1 Daijiro Yoshihara defeats 16 Hubert Young - Dai was amazing this weekend

7 Calvan Wan defeats 9 Chris Forsberg
            - Looks like Chris isn't used to the car yet and spins on the second run

4 Vahn Gitten Jr. defeats 12 Hiromi Kajikuma - First Woman to make the top 16

5 Samuel Hubinette defeats 13 Ross Petty
            - Ross should of won the first set but the judges wanted a one more time and Sam put too much pressure on the second set

2 Tanner Faust defeats 15 Kenshiro Gushi
            - Ken looked like he had bugs to work out in his new stang but Tanner Was invincible the whole weekend

10 Casper Canul defeats 8 William Sherman - Casper learned how to handle those slower hick cars just kidding. Casper looked 10 times better this year

3 Rhys Millen defeats 14 Rich Rutherford - Rhys was Rhys and kickedass

6 Conrad Grunwald defeats 11 Taka Aono
            - Canrad was perfect on the first run, Taka was great on the second run but the judges decided no more time

Comment

Great 8

Dai defeats Wan- first run was dai all over but the second was pretty even

Sam defeats Gitten - total B.S. Gitten totally owned sam on the first run then the second run was even.

Tanner defeats Canul - like I said Tanner was invincible

Rhys defeats Conrad - Rhys was on point

Comment

Semi Final 4

Sam defeats Dai - I'm sorry but the judges need to check their eye sight because Dai owned the both runs of the first set. His entries were so agressive in angle that sam initiated later that he normaly did just to catch up and put on pressure with low angle. Goes to one more time and dai spinsout in the horseshoe while following.

Tanner defeats Rhys - did I say tanner is invincible yet? first run tanner all day, second run tanner corrects coming out of the horseshoe but rhys blows a tire, goes off course at the last corner, then hits the wall.

Comment

Finals

Dai defeats Rhys for 3rd
                  - I thought dai did better on both runs but the judges wanted a one more time. the second set I felt it was even with a slight advantage to Rhys but they gave it to the right man in the end.

Tanner defeats Sam for 1st - For the last time the man was invincible. No disputes no challenges. Tanners entry speeds were incredible, early initiations, perfect lines and tons of smoke.

Comment

great play by play.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
                      Semi Final 4

Sam defeats Dai - I'm sorry but the judges need to check their eye sight because Dai owned the both runs of the first set. His entries were so agressive in angle that sam initiated later that he normaly did just to catch up and put on pressure with low angle. Goes to one more time and dai spinsout in the horseshoe while following.
                      i'm glad someone else agrees with me. i don't mean to be a conspiracy theorist but no matter what hubinette did, the commentator complimented him....hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by slideways2004
                        who is bill sherman?
                        HachiBill from Florida. Drives the bandit for XAT racing. He put his red fastback into the wall at longbeach.

Comment

Originally posted by tony speed
                          i'm glad someone else agrees with me. i don't mean to be a conspiracy theorist but no matter what hubinette did, the commentator complimented him....hahaha.
                          I know it sounds as if I am tough on Sam but I truly believe Ross, Gitten then Dai were cheated. Hell I think Sam should have scored higher than 5th in qualifying but this dropping angle to cut peoples lineshit has got to go. I thought Alex of all people would scrutinize that sort of drifting harsher. But aside from controversy the right man won the competition and this year was 10 times better than last year. I truly believe that at the next D1 event America will fill at least half of those 16 spots.
                          Last edited by my 1 88 u; 05-13-2006, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Wow! Congratulations to all the drivers that competed. Especially Hiromi... she's my hero!!

Comment

congrats to Tanner i think we all konw it was only a matter of time and equipment b4 he would get a win and loks like the first 2 rounds have been full of judge errors but ill have to wait and see for my self on june 18th

Comment

Working...
                              X