PROPS to "hachi" aka "bert' Bill after atlantas F-D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PROPS to "hachi" aka "bert' Bill after atlantas F-D

i have known bill for years. we all use to go out and street drift/tandem together since 2000. He has always been one of the best around florida but yet never caught a break. not making that much money, he rocked the KA along side SRs making twice as much power and more. Then not even 2 years ago he got his first SR. Still then he never could afford bigger wheels and tires or much of a suspension. He then managed to make it out to the houston qualifier on pennies. After getting in invitation to the san diego event afterwards, he didnt think he could make the trip. He managed to get a ride out there with his sponsor/employer, XAT. He then managed to come in 2nd place over all and received a full season license.

He then caught a ride with enjuku to long beach for round one. His own personal car was his drift car, with his SR only producing about 290WHP. On one of his practice runs, he came into the 1st turn close, tried correcting and slid right into the wall behind turn one, totaling his daily driver that he has owned for the past 4-5 years.

Even in the bandit the car runs on 15" tires, mild suspension work, and making less then probably any other SR 240 out there. He came into round 2 as an un seeded driver. He managed to work all the way up to top 16, qualifying 8th overall.

During his first run against Casper he had a clear advantage on his 1st run, pulling away from Casper has he led in his first run in tandem. As his second run started, he ran into engine problems which plagued the car from completing his second tandem run. Bill's only goal was to get into Top 16, and in his second Formula D event ever, he achieved his goal. Bill was, and has been on cloud 9 sense. Even after I came into the pits after the race was over, he wouldnt leave me alone, requesting many wheelies out of my golf cart before he would leave me alone. I am just so proud of Bill, being that I have known him for so long. So for all you fans and racers, if you see him around the pits, go say hi to him. He is a really good/down-to-earth guy that is carishing every moment of his current fame.

Also, for all you sponsers out there, get with Bill, since he doesn't have any!

Last edited by markshatchi86; 05-14-2006, 08:29 PM.

I love mixing the old school pontiac with the new school nissan..
    Best of luck to the Bill the underdog.

Comment

Thats great news! I talked to him at Long Beach after the accident and he seemed pretty down. Great to see new faces making it!

Comment

congrats Hachi. You have made us all in Florida proud.

Comment

Bill who?
          Just kidding Bill . I wish I didn't have the flight to Cali today...I would have stayed after the event to see ya again, but I had to hit the road. 8 hour drive home to catch a 12 hr flight to Cali....go figure.

Comment

keep up the good work! It's good to see nice guys having success.

Comment

big congrats to bill ive heard alot aobut himmore recently from s\around the FL scene in general hope i meet him and that he reps hard for the FLA

Comment

Congrats Bill you earned it.

Comment

I caught up with him after podium and give him a huge congrats.
                  For him to do that after the wreck in Long Beach shows his true ability
                  to push through. He really tore up that Atlanta track to, I cannot wait to see him in Chicago.

Comment

oh man. I was so proud of Bill. I tracked him down after tandem and gave him a personal congrats. It shows true skill and mental preparness to come off a wreck like that in your first ever event and then come to your second event and qualify for top 16. Excellent job Bill and I hope to see you make it farther in Chicago.

Comment

Working...
                    X