ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UEO 2nd @ D1GP Round 3 (Full Results inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UEO 2nd @ D1GP Round 3 (Full Results inside)

Full results:
    http://www.more-japan.com/More-Japan...d-3-sp-41.html

D1 Grand Prix Round 3 - Fuji International Speedway
    May 14th 2006

Katsuhiro Ueo takes 2nd place during round 3 of D1 Grand Prix at Fuji International Speedway!

In an exciting Final Battle against Kazama in his S15, Ueo would ultimately take second in a very close race. Battling against amazings odds, Ueo fought an extremely difficult uphill battle and defeated many powerful and skilled opponents. Kumakubo in his RWD GDB Impreza, Imamura in his new Z33, and Hiraoka's S15 would all fall victim to Ueo and his highly tuned AE86 Corolla.

With his AE86 being the underdog powerwise in each matchup, Ueo's 180ps Tomei motor pulled every last bit of power in his competition for top placement.

Congratulations to Ueo for another fantastic showing, and good luck in Round 4!

D1GP ROUND 4 is July 29th & 30th

The full results are here:
    http://www.more-japan.com/More-Japan...d-3-sp-41.html

2nd place again!

Comment

I'm told that Ueo blew his motor against Kazama, but held perfect lines the whole competition.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
        I'm told that Ueo blew his motor against Kazama, but held perfect lines the whole competition.
        Yeah he blew his motor in the final. Rained the whole weekend. All the way up until the final. The morning practice was cut short becuase of rain and fog. You couldn't see anything from the hill. The fog burned away and the rain lightened to a drizzle. Not fun when you are trying to fill fuel and have to hold umbrellas up to keep the rain out.

Comment

Sweet... UEO is one of my favorite Japanese drivers! Same with Kazama!

Congrats to both!

Comment

Ueo does very well with what he has, he also got 2nd place last year at Fuji Speedway...it's too bad he didn't place 1st-- we all know he's got the right moves!

Ueo is the man.

Comment

The story is that Ueo would have surely won at Fuji if the engine didn't have problems.

Comment

what was going on with Okuba's car at drift atlanta? he was looking like one of the best friday night, but on saturday he couldn't put together any good runs.

Comment

Congrats on 2nd Ueo! Next time your Hatchi breaks we'll have to bust out the ol Camaro (but with better tires like you said)! Joke!!! hahaha

Comment

UEO IS THE MAN!!! Congrats on 2nd...

Wished he took first,but hey there's still rd.4!!

Comment

3rd time lucky for the legend!!

Hes a serious AE86 pilot and if all competitors were to switch to AE86's the championship wud be a white wash for him...

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
                        what was going on with Okuba's car at drift atlanta? he was looking like one of the best friday night, but on saturday he couldn't put together any good runs.
                        The R34 was setup perfectly for Atlanta, and was completely retuned. Okubo has gotten a bit of seat time, but he's been competing with no practice in the car in between events. I believe the situation might be similar to Rhys when he got the GTO and was having some difficulties adapting in the start...we all know where he is now!

Suffice to say, Okubo will have a lot of pressure for the next round to get back up in the points competition.

Comment

Working...
                        X