Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern California Drifting Association

Nothern Calif Drifting Racers,

I am a Motor Racing Promoter in Vallejo, Ca. I see a need for you racers to have a place to enjoy your tire smoking drifting, and have your fans watch, and cheer you on.
    I have the resources to promote a series at paved speedways in N. Cal. and also promote a North- South series with LA.
    All interested racers write back to me at "vallejospeedway2@sbcglobal.net" with information on how I can contact you.

Steve Hazelton
    Top Prop Inc.

Why start something new when there are existing drift groups in the North? There are Drift Day NorCal and NorCal Drift Academy (NCDA). I know both groups are suffering from lack of support from the venues and government politics. Collaborative efforts are needed to further promote the drift community in Norcal!
    Last edited by Hubert Young; 05-30-2006, 02:31 PM.
    Hubert Young
    KORE 8 Films

Comment

Originally posted by Hubert Young
      Why start something new when there are existing drift groups in the North? There are Drift Day NorCal and NorCal Drift Academy (NCDA). I know both groups are suffering from lack of support from the venues and government politics. Collaborative efforts are needed to further promote the drift community in Norcal!
      NCDA and DDNC should come together.The two organizations with all their collective support would really get things rolling.

Comment

is it just me or is this guy tryign to make two ncdas?

what lame backstabbing crap is giong on here? you canNOT possibly be ignorant to ncda's existance, and the fact that you are tryign to make somethign with the same initials is....lame.

maybe its just me, but the title of your post realllllllly bothers me a lot.

Comment

He really doesnt know about NCDA's existance until now. I wrote a letter to the editor and he saw it in the paper I guess. I met with him today and he wants to help NCDA find and get new venues. No backstabbing here. He just wants to help us and he has some connections and might be able to do it. I think if NCDA comes in the picture will get new events for NCDA. It's not a new organiztion or anything. Just someone trying to help that's all.

Trust me he is completely new to drifting and has no intention of putting out NCDA, instead hopefully make it even bigger. Now all we need is everybody's help. please check out the new thread I created and hopefully you will have a better understanding. Thanks guys....I'm just trying to help bring us some more place to drift. Cause when it comes down to it all I wanna do is drive! Don't you?

Comment

i actually prefer salsa dancing

Comment

I think we should wish him luck in working with the current groups to provide more event support. And on top of that we should probably be thanking him for putting in his time. I'm not from Cali but someday I hope to participate in events there. Thanks Steve and good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by RotoRee
                He really doesnt know about NCDA's existance until now. I wrote a letter to the editor and he saw it in the paper I guess. I met with him today and he wants to help NCDA find and get new venues. No backstabbing here. He just wants to help us and he has some connections and might be able to do it. I think if NCDA comes in the picture will get new events for NCDA. It's not a new organiztion or anything. Just someone trying to help that's all.

Trust me he is completely new to drifting and has no intention of putting out NCDA, instead hopefully make it even bigger. Now all we need is everybody's help. please check out the new thread I created and hopefully you will have a better understanding. Thanks guys....I'm just trying to help bring us some more place to drift. Cause when it comes down to it all I wanna do is drive! Don't you?
                That's good to know!! Hope you guys can come up with something for the drifters up North!!!

Interesting fact: NorCal Drift Academy was originally called NorCal Drift Association.
                Hubert Young
                KORE 8 Films

Comment

here everybody check it out. All your support is needed http://www.ncda.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1448
                  Thanks guys hopefully we can make something happen

Alex

Comment

Too many hands in the cookie jar.

I've done events so many times in BW. Only reason why I did not want to do events here in Norcal cause there was already 2 organizer trying to make it happen.

Why can't these people come together and have one organizer to make an event?

www.driftbattle.org is now doing an event also at Altamont on July 6th.

Comment

Originally posted by Al
                      Too many hands in the cookie jar.

I've done events so many times in BW. Only reason why I did not want to do events here in Norcal cause there was already 2 organizer trying to make it happen.

Why can't these people come together and have one organizer to make an event?

www.driftbattle.org is now doing an event also at Altamont on July 6th.
                      I second that! Who runs driftbattle?
                      Hubert Young
                      KORE 8 Films

Comment

Jay from drift unit runs it. Very cool guy. Im just not sure of his expierience of hosting events. I think al is friends with him so maybe he can help him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Motdyn-Ls1fd
                          Jay from drift unit runs it. Very cool guy. Im just not sure of his expierience of hosting events. I think al is friends with him so maybe he can help him out.
                          Yah I'm hosting the event and Private Events, DDNorcal and some NCDA supporters are helping me plan/put the event together.

Luke don't worry, it will be a good event. You should come out... I'm sure all the guys that attend Night Drift etc would like to see you there.

I have a lot of support from friends and other groups that have hosted events, so I think things will fall into place. We're not in this to make money... just get people back drifting in Norcal... that's the intent. Hopefully, we can plan future events at lower cost like the OG NCDA did/does.

Al, I hope you don't think we're trying to dip into the cookie jar... we're trying to make an event happen. It's lame that everyone sat around bitching and didn't bother to pick up the phone like I did to find out if an event was possible in light of the NCDA conflict with Altamont. If anything this will be a cool 2 events. If people still want us to host more events we will... if not so be it.

Comment

Exactly all people have to do is...do something! I learned that recently and now I'm trying to help the NCDA guys and others get events out here at other places besides altamont. It's always good to have events around the bay so the word gets out, and if we do it right. Spectactors might actually enjoy it and welcome drifting. Not like the neighboors of Altamont.

Comment

It's always good to have events around the bay so the word gets out, and if we do it right. Spectactors might actually enjoy it and welcome drifting.
                              This is correct.

Not like the neighboors of Altamont.
                              This is incorrect. What you fail to note is that the residents in the immediate area complained about drifting on Midway road which is not part of AMP and ultimately illegal. Myself being a drifter, would have complained as well if people were drifting outside of my residence. It is not that the residents of Altamont dislike drifting/drifters etc, they dislike having to deal with the illegal acts that people are partaking in outside of their homes.

But back to the first point above. I think a collective effort from all the organizations to limit these types of things from happening would by default present itself as doing it right.

Just my $.02

Comment

Working...
                              X