ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHYS MILLEN; X GAMES Rally (Los Angeles)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RHYS MILLEN; X GAMES Rally (Los Angeles)

Rally America opens X Games to qualifiers; Rhys Millen selected
    http://rally-america.com/story.php?article=106

go rhys! what's rhys driving?

Comment

Dude else can this man do! Way to go Rhys!

Comment

maybe his evo if he still has it.. i remember him at the rs-r festival doing 4 wheel drifts with that car. it was sick..

Comment

Congrats to Rhys and the team.
          This year's X Games will go down in history as when Rally blew up in America.
          I'm serious, it's going to open the flood gates for rally fans across the country.

Problem is I don't know who to root for.
          Colin, Ken, Travis, Rhys it's going to be gnarly!!!!

Comment

completely awesome. maybe they'll put wrc back on tv now so i can stop downloading european recordings...

Comment

im with j-rod on this one its time for rally to blow up and xgames will do it

Comment

Rally in America died the day the SCCA sold off Pro Rally and the Press-On-Regardless stopped being #1.

Sorry, but no X-Games festival can replace true rallyists bombing around Michigan in their own homebrews in search of that last tenth on the logging trails.

Comment

Originally posted by Octagon
                  Rally in America died the day the SCCA sold off Pro Rally and the Press-On-Regardless stopped being #1.

Sorry, but no X-Games festival can replace true rallyists bombing around Michigan in their own homebrews in search of that last tenth on the logging trails.
                  there's always the purists.

Sure, it won't be the same. But people have to accept that times change. The exposure of Rally through mainstream television will only pave the way for Drifting in the next few years. mark my words.

Comment

SCCA Pro Rally had a sweet TV deal on SpeedTV.

But with high-profile driver deaths and mounting pressure from enviromentalist and insurance groups to take the rallies away completely, there wasn't much that could be done to save REAL Rallying.

The sad thing is that we have such a great rallying history and legacy here stateside, and these punks at X-Games are going to go around thinking that it's one more import sport. It's a slap in the face of Real Rallying, and one more step back from ever bringing the sport back as it should be - a test of man and machine against the harsh reality of the stopwatch on the most challenging roads available.

Comment

Originally posted by Octagon
                      SCCA Pro Rally had a sweet TV deal on SpeedTV.

But with high-profile driver deaths and mounting pressure from enviromentalist and insurance groups to take the rallies away completely, there wasn't much that could be done to save REAL Rallying.

The sad thing is that we have such a great rallying history and legacy here stateside, and these punks at X-Games are going to go around thinking that it's one more import sport. It's a slap in the face of Real Rallying, and one more step back from ever bringing the sport back as it should be - a test of man and machine against the harsh reality of the stopwatch on the most challenging roads available.
                      I bet it'll be on closed courses only.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
                        I bet it'll be on closed courses only.
                        Yay....? I'm sure you're right. It's gonna turn into monter truck/super-x kind of sport.

Comment

Congrats to Rhys for being in PENTHOUSE magazine!!!

Comment

This months issue?

Comment

Originally posted by bstonedrift
                              This months issue?
                              Yah Sex, Pets & Rock N Roll issue... it's a FF3/Drifting interview.

Comment

Working...
                              X