proposed Amateur Competition anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proposed Amateur Competition anyone?

Okay since everyone got an input on drifting, why dont we have some sort of Amateur competition. Just video tape yourself drifting (be annoymous if you want) and we'll all judge who got a better style of drifting. I dont know about you guys. Im kind of tired of watching pro's drifting, it's so predictable. I like amateurs better, especially when they F*k up .

So, Here's a propose rules:
    1). Must have a video tape to record yourself (you can be annoymous).

2). You have until the end of March to post your vid.

3). You MUST bring a paper and marker and Write "I LOVE DRIFTING" and show it in the cam before drifting. (So this will prove that it's you in the car and your not posting someone else's vid!, CHEATERS! he he)

4). You can video either the Cockpit or the outside (I suggest you remove your Plates when taping the outside).
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What do you think. Go or No Go on this little competition. I would like to judge on the execution of the drift vs. Speed, type of car, etc.

All Cars are welcome, I want to see atleast 1 FF to post.

disclaimer:
    This exercise is purely voluntary. Me or other participants are not liable of your own actions. You cannot blame us, to what you break or damage during your attempt.

Just have fun and BE SMART on what you do.
    Remember you dont have to do this, if you are not comfortable.
    Good Idea
    100.00%
    Bad Idea
    0.00%

Well, If every one is safe about it......could be a good time, any one else interested?

Comment

Originally posted by soultron
      Well, If every one is safe about it......could be a good time, any one else interested?
      Iim glad you replied I though no one will reply

Well, think about it. Atleast you can refine your skills before you can submit your film

Comment

This is an excellent idea. It's too difficult for people to drive cross country with their vehicles to compete at every drift competition out there. I'm glad someone's thinking about competition while keeping things fun.

I hope you have luck rounding up drivers in your neighborhoods. If the contest ever comes about, the Hawaii guys would be more than happy to submit a tape.

Comment

I'm up for it.

Comment

GREAT. Even Better if there's a TEAM involve.

Now how about the RULES. I dont really like CHEATERS.
            So I want everyone that will post a VID of them to bring a paper and marker and write "I LOVE DRIFTING".

And let's make the JUDGING like, figure skating. (e,g. 8.5, 8.0) stuff like that.

I'll try to tally up, all of the entries and make a top 5 winners. and then We'll all vote on the TOP 5.

edit: I'll keep this thread until the end of the week, to see if it's a good idea for everyone that's interested. Next Week I'll make another THREAD with the *Official Rules* and the DEAD LINE date. Of course i'll post my vid too
            Last edited by CRASHDRIVE; 02-02-2004, 09:05 PM.

Comment

i can help judge if you would like, i mean itd be kinda weird only having one judge determining everything....

Comment

sounds like a great idea, also seems like a good way for guys who are pretty new at it like me to get some helpful criticism. im sure some of you have had this problem when out with friends, you do what you believe to be a decent drift, get out and ask your friends who were watching and get 1 of two answers.. either "YEah it was great!" no mater how much better or worse it was last time or "I dont know"

Comment

Originally posted by driftmunky
                  i can help judge if you would like, i mean itd be kinda weird only having one judge determining everything....
                  Oh yeah, I dont want to judge all of the post. I want atleast 5 judges and score it like Figure Skating. (0.0 = worse 10.0 = perfect). and whoever are the TOP 5 will be judge like a VOTING POLL.

Comment

I'm up for it! As soon as it warms up, I'll post up of my Camaro!
                    I've sworn to be the first domestic drifter to win a comp., even if it is an online vid comp!

Comment

Originally posted by DRFT_MARO
                      I'm up for it! As soon as it warms up, I'll post up of my Camaro!
                      I've sworn to be the first domestic drifter to win a comp., even if it is an online vid comp!
                      Cool!.. make sure you bring a piece of paper and marker and write down "I LOVE DRIFTING".

Comment

I'm down, I even got a vid this weekend that I would have entered but I didn't do the sign. I will try and get another vid with the required paper.

Comment

so get out and film everyone.

Comment

wow! thats the best idea that iv herd in a long time hope theres more of these little contests. i dont have a car set up yet. and i havent found any good spots to hit up in orlando.anyone in the area know any?

Comment

Originally posted by Godfather
                              I'm down, I even got a vid this weekend that I would have entered but I didn't do the sign. I will try and get another vid with the required paper.
                              Thanks, for understanding dude. I just dont want cheaters posting for this little exercise.

It will be great. I'll make an official post next week. I just want input if this is a good idea or not.

Next weeks post will have the STRICK rules and a disclaimer. he he

Comment

Working...
                              X