PDA

View Full Version : The Car!!!(whats hot)

Glitch
06-08-2003, 08:01 PM
Hi:
The reason I write this letter is becuase I want to know your opinion. My father as a gift is giving me the car of my choice(for my 1st car). I know this might sound cheesy but I would like to know what u think I should buy, I dont have a clue on what to pick, the only thing I have agreed on is an Imports ex.toyota,Honda, mitsubishi ect. I want to hook my car up with cool stuff as you see in magazines, but I am not sure on what is HOT out there and what I need to get started.

If ya guys could help me out get started on what sites,magazines,books and car i should get, I would be thanksful.

My father back on his time use to run a MOPAR(340 duster) so he is a american muscle type person. I want to go into japanese cards but i am not sure on what to do.

Any tips would be apreciated.
Thanks you very much

Glitch
06-08-2003, 08:05 PM
Sorry for the double post, But I forgot to say that I want a sport type car.

This might also sound chessy(11 year old type stuff lol) but a fast and the furious kind of card(skyline ect.) I want that race look to it,also i know I can ask my my father to get me a turbo and a nitros system(NOS or ZEX????) He can deal with getting more HP for the car, But what i need to know is like the good stuff thats hot out there, enterior,paint jobs,rims,decals,and specially the type of card-model.

Just remember that any tips u could give me is really apreciated, and I hope i dont sound like a total NOOB :(

BA BA BOOIE
06-08-2003, 09:08 PM
Do you like the 350Z?

Glitch
06-09-2003, 03:14 PM
Yeah Nissan sure did a hit when they made the roadster.

Does anyone know the price for it???

I was searching and asking around and I found out supras are not only expensive but hard to come by. Skylines are consider illegal(thats what i heard not sure if tue)

So those 2 are out of the list.

My latest choice was a Mitsubishi lancer evo.

anyother tips????

Dori Star
06-09-2003, 10:51 PM
if you get a skyline, ill personally deliver it to your house, even if you live across tha country... (roadtrip-heheh) but my top 10 choices...

1. BNR32 SKYLINE GTR V-SPEC II
2.1995 TOYOTA SUPRA LM ED. 6 SPEED TT
3.RPS13 NISSAN SILVIA
4.FC3S MAZDA RX-7
5.1996 TOYOTA CHASER
6.AE86 TOYOTA SPRINTER TRUENO
7.2003 TOYOTA VITZ-S
8.MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION III, V, OR VII
9.2003 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI
10.Y33 NISSAN GLORIA

A LITTLE HARD TO FIND... BUT O WELL...
I HOPE MY LIST HELPS YOU SOMEHOW...

Glitch
06-10-2003, 10:44 AM
I like those choices :) except the Mazda rx7 becuase is a rotary(dont want to get one) and is burn out around here, to many people have one including my bro LOL.

Thanks for all the help guys I really apreciate

one last question, Can ya guys give me some WEBPAGES ,magazines,tutorials ect. to help me get started, like for decals,the bumpers ect. to customize cars(thats what gives the sports look to any car)

that would really help me(i bet ya guys know a bunch of them lol)

Crazykat
06-12-2003, 01:07 PM
you gotta watch out though you don't want to do to much to yuor first car cause most cases when you get your first car it tends to get messed up...you might want to go with something not to expensive and not fix it up totally yet...not all the times first cars get the most beat up but most of the time they do...i guess it's a trial and error thing....but yeah thats just my 2 cents...if you want a car that you can do alot with get a honda parts are mad crazy and easy to repair and basicly you can do anything with them...you can even get a civic not to like a civic anymore....but then again thats jusy my 2 cents

Nexusbeta
06-12-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Dori Star
if you get a skyline, ill personally deliver it to your house, even if you live across tha country... (roadtrip-heheh) but my top 10 choices...

1. BNR32 SKYLINE GTR V-SPEC II
2.1995 TOYOTA SUPRA LM ED. 6 SPEED TT
3.RPS13 NISSAN SILVIA
4.FC3S MAZDA RX-7
5.1996 TOYOTA CHASER
6.AE86 TOYOTA SPRINTER TRUENO
7.2003 TOYOTA VITZ-S
8.MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION III, V, OR VII
9.2003 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI
10.Y33 NISSAN GLORIA

You forgot the Z;)

As for a first car, depends, what you want to do with it? Are you into working on cars? Getting into it? If so start off with something a little simpler such as any Honda. Although FWD is the devil:p and no fun. It is however safer in most cases. If you would like to start modifying the car as soon as you get it. Brand new might not be the best thing considering the warranties. Not really worth loosing for some little mods here and there. My recommendation would be anything from a (can't believe Iím recommending this) a newer Honda civic or another good choice would be a 240sx 89+ depending on which body style you like better. As for new cars. I've heard many nice things about the Nissan sentra SE-R's, Mazda 6's. There are all more low-mid range priced cars. If you're in Cali you could always get a scion, heh stepwagons are great. If you have a little more cash to spend there's always the 350z, G35 coupe, RX-8 soon. Just my opinions. Make the decision for your self. It should be an educated decision at that.

Dori Star
06-12-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Nexusbeta
Although FWD is the devil:p and no fun. It is however safer in most cases.

fwd is not tha devil.. traction controll is... :D

haha, and i used to work for scion... for like a day... but they canned me for stealing backpacks.. hehe, but neways.. dont get tha xB, too topheavy... get tha xA, i was thinking of buying that...

rEvMeBaBy
06-12-2003, 04:07 PM
get a camaro....hehe i had to say it i luvvv camaros sooo pretty.....mmmmm.....but you gotta get a 91....haha....well thats all

Glitch
06-14-2003, 11:13 PM
Thanks a Lot guys:)

Ok During this week I have learned alot, and actually decided on another car. Since ya guys said not to buy a new car and i have gotten the same tips from other people I am going with a Supra, I found a place(auction) that have a pretty good price(*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ed up paint/body ect. but i could care less since I can get that fix for cheap)

My 2nd choice is an RX7 (my bro can get me one for a crazy low price)The RX8 is sweet(my bro has been in love since he 1st seen the pic(lots of months ago) but that is going to cost a pretty penny just as the Z

Also can somebody tell me a damn webpage ect. about cars that have like tips/hot stuff and like tutorials???

DriftAdict
06-15-2003, 05:02 PM
RX-7 - More Power to ya.

crysis
06-15-2003, 11:16 PM
i know this is a help thread but dang. the car you get better be an automatic from what ur planning on doing to the car. ex: paintjob, rims, decals ect. i hope its a show car or something that u can put a system in. stay off the track plz.

Jhapa
06-18-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Dori Star

3.RPS13 NISSAN SILVIA

rps13 is actually 180sx. silvia is ps13 but who's counting. nice choices.

Glitch, which ever car you get, don't put any of those stupid stickers, decals, etc. no ricer car. you know your insurance will be outrageous, due to your age. do you know how to drive a stick. automatics are for chicks :D unless it is the only option.

Dori Star
06-19-2003, 12:13 AM
yea.. insurance sux... and what i meant by rps13 silvia was a sil80:D man i love that car...

Glitch
06-21-2003, 12:43 PM
Hi guys:
Yes I know how to drive manual(but I dont like it much for 1 reason U cant do *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* inside the car 1 hand in the steering and always worrying about shifting gears so u cant talk on cell or do other crap with ya hand.

Also I dont expect to race with this car(leaving it stock) not installing anything else racing wise, maybe except a nitro system that i can hide the bottle somewhere.

Also LOL Jhapa, Dont worry I like what me and my bro called DROP DOWN LIST rofl A list of all the racing part makers . Non of that I really hate that stuff, When i said decal i meant 1 big sticker on each side, a design. Not a company brand or anything of that sort.

Is like crysis said is more a show car.

Thanks for the help, But why after all these replies hasent anybody told me any sites like i have ask more than ounce???

1st post:If ya guys could help me out get started on what sites,magazines,books and car i should get, I would be thanksful.

2nd post:Can ya guys give me some WEBPAGES ,magazines,tutorials ect. to help me get started, like for decals,the bumpers ect. to customize cars(thats what gives the sports look to any car)

3rd post:Also can somebody tell me a damn webpage ect. about cars that have like tips/hot stuff and like tutorials??? LOL

Get my point?? LOL That would really help me out u know.

Chapel
06-22-2003, 10:11 PM
1995 E36 M3
great drifter
great power potential.
AMAZING handling... considered one of the best handling cars of the 20th century.

J_cham979
07-03-2003, 04:41 PM
I suggest u get some power on tha car if ya wanna have the ricey stuff on it. the aluminum wing will make a car look dumb if u cant back it up. if u wanna drift though i wouldnt get anything TOO expensive...but thats just me.

NismoPwr
07-03-2003, 07:44 PM
It definitely seems like this guy doesn't wanna drift, tellin that he wants an auto, make it a show car, add no racing parts etc. Just wondering Glitch why did you apply to drifting.com??? Oh yeah and some sites try http://www.extremedimensions.com/index.asp it's all about Aero Kits.

Mr. Sparkle
07-04-2003, 12:29 AM
because this thread is flame bait! *holds himself back*

come on now...

I feel sorry for a guy who lets other people make decisions for him.

There is no RPS13 in US....all of you have RMS13! muahahah

Get a Honda/Acura. You won't have to worry about fixing it.

Dori Star
07-04-2003, 12:57 AM
Mr. Sparkle - Get a Honda/Acura. You won't have to worry about fixing it.

hahaha, true... :)

Driftinsc
07-05-2003, 11:14 PM
ooo ooo ooo get a sc300 5spd those ownz haha

Drift-Induced
07-06-2003, 03:24 PM
YUGO YUGO YUGO! :D

Dori Star
07-06-2003, 08:07 PM
howabout a 69' dodge daytona, like the one from joe dirt!!!http://www.californiaclassix.com/images/JD-front.jpg http://www.californiaclassix.com/images/JD-wing-thumb.jpg http://www.californiaclassix.com/images/JD-leftside.jpg http://www.californiaclassix.com/images/JD-dash.jpg whoo doggie, tha newest issue of autotrader...

pcbootleger
07-07-2003, 12:59 AM
wow that car is pimp. And if you want a show car I would avoid making it look like fast and the furious. I think most of those cars look *Censored**Censored**Censored*. And whats the point of having a turbo charger or NOS in an auto? Kinda pointless to me. Anyways you should really get a rear wheel drive and learn how to drift. This site has a lot of info on how to do it. I think having a drifting car is a lot cooler than having some F&F look alike car that is all show no go. Just my opinion of course. Who knows, you may even really love to drift when you get a car.

uselessradio
07-09-2003, 09:35 AM
autoimaging.com is pretty good in handling alot of JDM stuffies. anyways since i helped you out a little then please dont get mad at me for busting on your case. it seems to me that youve been watching the Fast adn the furiious 1 and 2. might as well put glow lights at the bottom of your car. seriously, atleast try doing both if you can race and go. and dont get an auto just so you can eat, talk on the phone, and touch your girlfriend. did you know that autos lose atleast 30 percent of power to the wheel??? but i guess you won't care about that right? dude youll get more chicks if you drive stick. and the whoever said the wing partm thats true too. if it looks fast it better be fast or youll get embarrassed someday. if this post sounds offensive im sorry but all show and no go just doesnt tickle my fancy.

JonnySlick
07-12-2003, 10:24 AM
ok i noticed you live in new york where it snows...so get an sti and be done with it....300hp and your good all year long. you'll be in heaven. i have a 2003 wrx and love it! especially beating down on cobras and z28s!

tontot77
07-13-2003, 06:29 PM
how about that new neon? the SRT 4 or whatever...

CrazyHawaiian
07-13-2003, 10:00 PM
Sounds to me like you want to build a ricemobile. TF&TF has claimed yet another victim. No help from me. Have fun with your nawwwws and stickers.

tontot77
07-13-2003, 10:07 PM
agreed crazy, but hey, its fun to have cars out there that are slower... I would love to test the boost limits of that new neon... forged everything... put it to like... 25 psi ...

Support your Domestic Hotrod's

7akumi X
07-14-2003, 12:11 AM
Yeah just crank her 25psi, bet it'll sing real good :X You guys said that F&F word to many times...its like cussing but the admins dont enforce it! Designs on the side add atleast 10HP and oh god cant forget fart can exaust so it ONLY sounds cool when its really not....and when you get that nitrous system hold down the butten when your about to redline your auto at 4000rpm...gives atleast 400 hp and over-revs your engine for extra power.

:o :o :o :p :p
For one of the first times in my life words fail me. Cardboard? Chicken Wire? Spray Paint? I know what u were thinking when u said you wanted a F&F car...thought u might like a pic of a car from the new "BOF&F" Burn on F&F movie...

JonnySlick
07-14-2003, 09:06 AM
:D :D :D

funny, yeah i've seen that pic before. dude if your dad is gonna' give you mad cash, don't waste it on rice. get something sweet.

myk
07-15-2003, 09:12 AM
allright i guess i'll ask the only logical question to help you out i mean i was in your shoes...kinda of....well not at all but still you need help and i am ganna give the car guys a good rep and help you out.
what are your plans in life? are you interested in racing? are you intersested in cars? are you just enfatchuated with cars from seeing it on the screen? if you do like cars, what are you into, show, drag, roadrace, drift...ect? and most likely show from all those past post so ill give you a quick tip
go to your local store or anythign that sells mags take 20 bucks buy two afull ones import tuner, super street,(rice) then two great ones turbo and sport compact
still into show then figure out what car would match your personality if your a slave to society like most other 16 year olds then get your civic or integ, if your into being diff and all that good shtuff then go ahead and somethin like euro and rice it out.
just my most "import"ant words
BE YOURSELF!
-myk_