Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Car!!!(whats hot)

Hi:
    The reason I write this letter is becuase I want to know your opinion. My father as a gift is giving me the car of my choice(for my 1st car). I know this might sound cheesy but I would like to know what u think I should buy, I dont have a clue on what to pick, the only thing I have agreed on is an Imports ex.toyota,Honda, mitsubishi ect. I want to hook my car up with cool stuff as you see in magazines, but I am not sure on what is HOT out there and what I need to get started.

If ya guys could help me out get started on what sites,magazines,books and car i should get, I would be thanksful.

My father back on his time use to run a MOPAR(340 duster) so he is a american muscle type person. I want to go into japanese cards but i am not sure on what to do.

Any tips would be apreciated.
    Thanks you very much

Sorry for the double post, But I forgot to say that I want a sport type car.

This might also sound chessy(11 year old type stuff lol) but a fast and the furious kind of card(skyline ect.) I want that race look to it,also i know I can ask my my father to get me a turbo and a nitros system(NOS or ZEX????) He can deal with getting more HP for the car, But what i need to know is like the good stuff thats hot out there, enterior,paint jobs,rims,decals,and specially the type of card-model.

Just remember that any tips u could give me is really apreciated, and I hope i dont sound like a total NOOB
    Last edited by Glitch; 06-08-2003, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Do you like the 350Z?

Comment

Yeah Nissan sure did a hit when they made the roadster.

Does anyone know the price for it???

I was searching and asking around and I found out supras are not only expensive but hard to come by. Skylines are consider illegal(thats what i heard not sure if tue)

So those 2 are out of the list.

My latest choice was a Mitsubishi lancer evo.

anyother tips????

Comment

whats your price range?

if you get a skyline, ill personally deliver it to your house, even if you live across tha country... (roadtrip-heheh) but my top 10 choices...

1. BNR32 SKYLINE GTR V-SPEC II
          2.1995 TOYOTA SUPRA LM ED. 6 SPEED TT
          3.RPS13 NISSAN SILVIA
          4.FC3S MAZDA RX-7
          5.1996 TOYOTA CHASER
          6.AE86 TOYOTA SPRINTER TRUENO
          7.2003 TOYOTA VITZ-S
          8.MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION III, V, OR VII
          9.2003 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI
          10.Y33 NISSAN GLORIA

A LITTLE HARD TO FIND... BUT O WELL...
          I HOPE MY LIST HELPS YOU SOMEHOW...

Comment

I like those choices except the Mazda rx7 becuase is a rotary(dont want to get one) and is burn out around here, to many people have one including my bro LOL.

Thanks for all the help guys I really apreciate

one last question, Can ya guys give me some WEBPAGES ,magazines,tutorials ect. to help me get started, like for decals,the bumpers ect. to customize cars(thats what gives the sports look to any car)

that would really help me(i bet ya guys know a bunch of them lol)

Comment

you gotta watch out though you don't want to do to much to yuor first car cause most cases when you get your first car it tends to get messed up...you might want to go with something not to expensive and not fix it up totally yet...not all the times first cars get the most beat up but most of the time they do...i guess it's a trial and error thing....but yeah thats just my 2 cents...if you want a car that you can do alot with get a honda parts are mad crazy and easy to repair and basicly you can do anything with them...you can even get a civic not to like a civic anymore....but then again thats jusy my 2 cents

Comment

Re: whats your price range?

Originally posted by Dori Star
                if you get a skyline, ill personally deliver it to your house, even if you live across tha country... (roadtrip-heheh) but my top 10 choices...

1. BNR32 SKYLINE GTR V-SPEC II
                2.1995 TOYOTA SUPRA LM ED. 6 SPEED TT
                3.RPS13 NISSAN SILVIA
                4.FC3S MAZDA RX-7
                5.1996 TOYOTA CHASER
                6.AE86 TOYOTA SPRINTER TRUENO
                7.2003 TOYOTA VITZ-S
                8.MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION III, V, OR VII
                9.2003 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI
                10.Y33 NISSAN GLORIA

You forgot the Z

As for a first car, depends, what you want to do with it? Are you into working on cars? Getting into it? If so start off with something a little simpler such as any Honda. Although FWD is the devil and no fun. It is however safer in most cases. If you would like to start modifying the car as soon as you get it. Brand new might not be the best thing considering the warranties. Not really worth loosing for some little mods here and there. My recommendation would be anything from a (can't believe I’m recommending this) a newer Honda civic or another good choice would be a 240sx 89+ depending on which body style you like better. As for new cars. I've heard many nice things about the Nissan sentra SE-R's, Mazda 6's. There are all more low-mid range priced cars. If you're in Cali you could always get a scion, heh stepwagons are great. If you have a little more cash to spend there's always the 350z, G35 coupe, RX-8 soon. Just my opinions. Make the decision for your self. It should be an educated decision at that.

Comment

Re: Re: whats your price range?

Originally posted by Nexusbeta
                  Although FWD is the devil and no fun. It is however safer in most cases.
                  fwd is not tha devil.. traction controll is...

haha, and i used to work for scion... for like a day... but they canned me for stealing backpacks.. hehe, but neways.. dont get tha xB, too topheavy... get tha xA, i was thinking of buying that...

Comment

get a camaro....hehe i had to say it i luvvv camaros sooo pretty.....mmmmm.....but you gotta get a 91....haha....well thats all

Comment

Thanks a Lot guys

Ok During this week I have learned alot, and actually decided on another car. Since ya guys said not to buy a new car and i have gotten the same tips from other people I am going with a Supra, I found a place(auction) that have a pretty good price(*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ed up paint/body ect. but i could care less since I can get that fix for cheap)

My 2nd choice is an RX7 (my bro can get me one for a crazy low price)The RX8 is sweet(my bro has been in love since he 1st seen the pic(lots of months ago) but that is going to cost a pretty penny just as the Z

Also can somebody tell me a damn webpage ect. about cars that have like tips/hot stuff and like tutorials???

Comment

RX-7 - More Power to ya.

Comment

i know this is a help thread but dang. the car you get better be an automatic from what ur planning on doing to the car. ex: paintjob, rims, decals ect. i hope its a show car or something that u can put a system in. stay off the track plz.

Comment

Re: whats your price range?

Originally posted by Dori Star

3.RPS13 NISSAN SILVIA

rps13 is actually 180sx. silvia is ps13 but who's counting. nice choices.

Glitch, which ever car you get, don't put any of those stupid stickers, decals, etc. no ricer car. you know your insurance will be outrageous, due to your age. do you know how to drive a stick. automatics are for chicks unless it is the only option.

Comment

hahah..

yea.. insurance sux... and what i meant by rps13 silvia was a sil80 man i love that car...

Comment

Working...
                              X