Is this a potentially great drift car? Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a potentially great drift car? Photos

My friend is thinking of selling his rare convertable '88 Wide Body RX7 ... built by Design Energy in Santa Barbara, CA.

It use to have about 450 HP, with a Garret TO4 turbo, HKS managment ... but he had to go to a referee ... and had to convert it back to a factory turbo ... so now it only has 250 hp. It could always go back to it's previous form ... :-)

315/35/17 Yoko AV1's in the back ... 255/40/17's in the front.

Can anyone give us an idea what a car like this would be worth ...

Could it be suitable for drifting?

Any other forums to get this info?

thanks!

the soft top is the only thing that would keep me away from it, but a cage or a roll bar would fix that, and they're not too expensive.

that body kit will be the first thing to go, so I wouldn't attach myself to it

Replacing those huge tires will be expensive.

you might not have enough power to break those 313/35s but I doubt it.

Comment

Looks like the S4 takes styling queues from the Dodge Viper.Don't drift it,bodywork is not easy by any means,nor is it cheap.

Comment

fix the door and your ready.

Comment

Whats he selling it for? If its a good price, buy it and then get a first gen to practice with. You will thrash that bodykit so fast it woun't be funny. Even mountain running it. Hell I got bout 15 cracks in my front end from mountain running. Also a cage would be so sweet in that car. Red cage that filled out that top. Ooh la la.

And he's right 250 aint gonna break those hefty slabs loose. You would have to have either a great e-brake or some high entry speed and excessive wheel flinging to get that thing going. Too dangerous for a beginner.

Comment

Don't ruin that car. It would be such a waste.

Comment

Sorry but do get it and ruin it doing what you love. What's the point of having something like that if you arent gonna drive it? Thats a waste to me. If it's made to go fast, go fast in it, if its built to slide, slide in it. Don't let it sit and gather dust. Thats the ultimate waste to me.

If I was rich, i'd have the highest mileage, daily driven Mucialago on the entire world.

Comment

Yep, the soft top is the only set back. FC are great drift cars.

Comment

The wheels are Compomotive ...

btw. this car only has about 15,000 miles on it ...

the body work needs to be polished and waxed ... it's spent a lot of time out side ... the owner has a bunch of other cars ...

Comment

Thems are some nice wheels. Heck man buy it. Go for it. If you like it then get it, don't worry bout if it's a nice drift car or not. That thing looks great and has mounds of potential on top of whats been done to it. Roll on big daddy.

Comment

Working...
                    X