ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TOSHI HAYAMA (INTERVIEW)- Part 1 & 2 (By IGN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOSHI HAYAMA (INTERVIEW)- Part 1 & 2 (By IGN)

Q&A With Toshi Hayama - Part 1
    We talk D1 and JDM Insider with the tech advisor of The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
    http://cars.ign.com/articles/714/714085p1.html

Q&A With Toshi Hayama - Part 2
    Our interview with the voice of D1 gets Fast and Furious.
    http://cars.ign.com/articles/714/714499p1.html

Great interview! He reaffirms many of the frustrations RJ and I had on part 1...wish he could've been there for the part 2 debacle!

Congratulations to Toshi who did a fine job, despite the Hollywood politics and bureaucracy....now he knows what it's like to walk a mile in our shoes!

Comment

Originally posted by craiglieberman
      Great interview! He reaffirms many of the frustrations RJ and I had on part 1...wish he could've been there for the part 2 debacle!

Congratulations to Toshi who did a fine job, despite the Hollywood politics and bureaucracy....now he knows what it's like to walk a mile in our shoes!
      "hollywood politics and bureaucracy..."

c'mon Craig, that don't exist!

If people want something more "pure," they should go buy Option videos. F&F franchise is about entertainment. Good job Toshi.

Comment

It's a pure car movie, we didn't have Vin or anybody -- we turned them down. We couldn't take their characters anywhere in Tokyo Drift without being corny -- and that would be way worse. So we bit the bullet, we spent the money on the car scenes.
        Wait, they turned Vin down? At least they set him up for the next F&F.

Comment

Way back when...

When I worked on FF1, the plot line for a sequel included Vin going to Japan, since he needed to flee the country...seemed logical...the king of street racing would go to Japan, the "Graceland" of street racing Japanese cars.

What would be corny in that scenario?

I personally felt that bring some bumpkin from here and "exiling" him to Japan was a lot like putting the rat in the cheese locker as punishment. However, in the context that his dad was serving in the military in Japan, it worked...a bit of a stretch, but it worked....didn't seem nearly as contrived as I would've thought.

I'd surmise that Vin's pricetag was simply too high and that's why they opted to focus on spending money on crashing cars rather than paying stars. The box office gross will ultimately provie which philosophy was better.

Comment

Working...
          X