FORMULA D Pro-Am Drift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FORMULA D Pro-Am Drift?

I posted this on the FormulaD.com forum but no one has responded to it yet..probably because they only have like 50 members right now..so I figured if I put it here I'll get a response faster.

Anyway here it is

"Im a little confused about how the Pro-Am drift series is working out.

From the press release that was put it up..it seems like they were getting rid of the qualifiers where someone could win a license at the end of the event and replacing it with like a miniature point series where who ever has the most points at the end will get a Formula D license.

However on drifting.com SEDA made an event post saying that they're having the 4th round of Pro-Am drift..but if its the 4th round that would make it a continuation of the qualifier events wouldn't it?

Whats going to happen with the person who wins this 4th round Pro-Am drift qualifier at SEDA? Do they get a license? Or do they have to continue to compete at the rest of the Pro-Am drift events this year?"

If someone knows how this is all going to work out I'd appreciate the clearification.

thanks in advance

I know that there isn't much information out there regarding Pro-Am right now but we're still working out the details. The events you see that are being held for this year is sort of like a trial run to see how things will go. What you see happening this year is probably not going to be the same as next season. We'd like to make the Pro-Am series a place for amateurs to compete in a more regionalized fashion where they can still gain recognition and hopefully sponsors. The plan is to collect the best drivers from each region and send them onto the Pro-Am finals event where they can all go against eachother for the national title. This final event is where they will have the opportunity to gain their Formula D license if that is what they wanted but that shouldn't be the main focus of competing in this series.

Since this year time is limited, each region is going to host a Pro-Am event for invitation to the finals. Some regions have opted to do just a single event for this while others may do a multiple event series. If your main goal is to have a Formula D license to compete next season then you need to attend your region's Pro-Am event and finish well enough to be invited to the finals for this year to attempt to get your license. I'm not sure why SEDA has annouced their event as being round 4 so you'll have to ask them that. We here at Daily Drifter will be having our Pro-Am event next weekend. Basically you're competing to be invited to the finals where you'll have your chance to get your FD Pro license.

Comment

Working...
    X