Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Exhaust on a stock fc N/A?

Will this work?

If I use a Apc/cheapo universal p-formance muffler and make the fc single exaust.

I am thinking to cut off the old exaust system from the back of the cat to the back(mufflers)

I will get a pipe bent at my local shop (stock size) no mandrel bends ($$$)

and mount it up with a new muffler on it (apc)

with this provide the right back pressure for the engine/ exhaust to work right?

siiiiii

Comment

what the h are you talking about?

siiiiii? whats that!

can someone plz answer this post

Comment

I think he meant ("Si") like yes in spanish. Im not sure.

Comment

jeez

didint you take spanish?!?!

SIIIII = YES

Comment

I live in Canada eh!

I have to take french.......meh!

Comment

because you are running an 88 the fifth and sixth intake ports are opened using exaust back pressure which means that if there isnt enough they wont open and you get no power. you could just tie them open but the car will run like crap without the gas pedal all the way down ( and will not idle below 2k). not to mention that the cheap exausts are not meant to handle the rotary engines extreemly high exaust gas temps (almost three times as hot as a piston engine) in conclusion i would say no. it is not a good idea

Comment

Originally posted by fuse
                because you are running an 88 the fifth and sixth intake ports are opened using exaust back pressure which means that if there isnt enough they wont open and you get no power. you could just tie them open but the car will run like crap without the gas pedal all the way down ( and will not idle below 2k). not to mention that the cheap exausts are not meant to handle the rotary engines extreemly high exaust gas temps (almost three times as hot as a piston engine) in conclusion i would say no. it is not a good idea
                i'm going to have to disagree on the car not running with the ports wired open. i've had my ports wired open for roughly a year and had idled perfect, nor have i ever heard of bad idle with wired ports. the only downfall was i lost some low end power but i can deal with it.
                Last edited by theflatlander; 02-10-2004, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Yeah you can wire them open it will still run fine. Umm single exaust is fine i had it on my TII and my GXL it was from corksport

Comment

yup..no idel problems...and for the single exahust...its a little better..cause you dont have the extra weight of the second muffler and the pipe....just a little wight savings..

Comment

Yep. Have them do it from the cat back.

Comment

SIIII SENIOR!!!!

hahahaha..

Ya crack me up Yusef.!!lol
                        Well yes your set up will work.
                        Why not just Make it a straight pipe from the headers untill the muffler??!!why not??!!you will get more power out of your engine but remember you might have to pass smog..I got hooks =)
                        I would..=)shoot flames baby!!
                        Also Removing as much back pressure as you can can be great.
                        But yes you do want a little to retain your low end.But hey if you decide to go full 3 inch piping from the headers,YOU WILL TURN HEADS!!!your sheeeet wil be SOOO LOUD!!!hahaaa.
                        Remember if you have a S4 FC your secondarys run off the pipe comming out of the main cat. i suggest you get the Racing Beat short primary headers and the Pre-silencer for the S4.If you have a S5 your secondarys run off the air pump so don;t worry..

Also if you dont wanna run cats on a S4 youre gonna have to conver to a a air pump ayatem.from a exhaust actuated Secondary to a air pump or electronic secondary if you wanna do away with your air pump also.
                        Last edited by JunpoweR; 02-13-2004, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X