NiCK HOGAN CRASHES VIPER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NiCK HOGAN CRASHES VIPER

so today at irwindale was formula D qualifying sessions. and yea, lots of crashing.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GINeKahrFt0"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GINeKahrFt0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GINeKahrFt0

what took you so long to post the video?!

Comment

Oh that was horrible that was the worst irwindale run I have ever seen. And thats why I am soooo sad I missed it

Comment

Originally posted by brainfood
        Oh that was horrible that was the worst irwindale run I have ever seen. And thats why I am soooo sad I missed it
        Everyone else was looking good except him, even the privateers at the drift day looked better...well more confident anyways.

The original course layout they had.... hardest course in FD history....if not drifting history overall.

Comment

hey hey hey now come on guys.. he never said he would qualify give the kid a break.. it must be quite hard to learn on a 500 hp viper.. he was upset u could tell and i felt sorry for the kid whos only what 15-16 years old.. he never promsied us that he would be number one so chill

Comment

wow that was....um.....yah

so sam will be debuting the charger in seattle i take it?

i love everyone by the way.

Comment

Exactley so why learn on an 500hp viper there was no reason for that. Plus the accident was sooo newb. it could have been avoided by just simple driving experience, not drifting experience just regular driving it was ridiculous to do that to the viper. Cant buy yourself skill I guess.

Check out Pat's run from Irwindale last time he drove it and I guess that will put an end to the whose the best young driver. He is in the blue '86 about midway. And while Hogan was out wrecking a beautiful car Pat was out driving and winning 1st place in a tandem comp and 4th place in a single elim. comp.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...=818112468&n=2

I'm not trying to be a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* to the kid its just he didnt need to stuff the viper, he could have driven a cheap s13 that it didnt matter if he wrecked. And he probably would have done a lot better in it.

Comment

Originally posted by brainfood
                Exactley so why learn on an 500hp viper there was no reason for that. Plus the accident was sooo newb. it could have been avoided by just simple driving experience, not drifting experience just regular driving it was ridiculous to do that to the viper. Cant buy yourself skill I guess.

Check out Pat's run from Irwindale last time he drove it and I guess that will put an end to the whose the best young driver. He is in the blue '86 about midway. And while Hogan was out wrecking a beautiful car Pat was out driving and winning 1st place in a tandem comp and 4th place in a single elim. comp.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...=818112468&n=2

I'm not trying to be a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* to the kid its just he didnt need to stuff the viper, he could have driven a cheap s13 that it didnt matter if he wrecked. And he probably would have done a lot better in it.
                Thats what I was thinking the whole time, 500HP is just too much for a noob like him.

Comment

nicks a cool kid, but the haters will hate.
                  the crash wasnt bad at all, he still went out after that i think thats cool and shows something, not sure of what but sometihng. he came up and talked to me in the morning and seemednice and sincere about drifting. the kids gotta be under enormous pressure from forum 'drifters' that talk crap all day (bryan not talking about you, and thanks for returning my call jerk). vh1 was at the event today and seemed to be trying to make people say bad things about nick during interviews at the dd33, and no one really had anything bad to say.

he also had one really good run i got to watch while i was in line to drive, linked the whole course perfect, i was impresed for a 15 year old kid, pat wasnt driving like that at 15. give him a break, if mopar offerd me that deal id take it, as well as anyone else on here.

i was rooting for him
                  -matt

Comment

pat's barely 16. same age as Nick (although a bit older by a few months).

I will give Nick credit. After the wreck, there was some pit repairs made, and he finished his runs. 2 of the cars in qualifying weren't able to finish their runs after wrecks. Nick was also at the closing 'ceremony' if you want to call it that (the finals announcement), and he mentioned on the mic that he just got a little rattled, and it wasn't his day.

This is my first time seeing him drive in person. My comments - I'm sure it won't be my last! I hope he pulls through this and sticks to it. Maybe live and learn, but I certainly hope he doesn't give up (maybe just lower his goals slightly to a more realistic, grassroots level)

Comment

well said SD i love my patty wagon but pat has had time to hone his skills and irwindale can be a difficult course for ppl who have never drove it

Comment

Here is a on track look at the accident.

Nick's Qualifying Run Crash

Taka still takes the cake for best crash that I have seen an that track.

Comment

Another video for everybody...

Everything Drift.com video

Comment

He was scared you can tell from how he was driving, he locked the breaks when what he should have done was give it gas... I really don't know what to say I mean I kind of knew it was going to happen when I first heard about him drifting the Mopar Viper... He seems like a nice enough kid but he driving skills are just not upto par for FD.

I'm not great but i'll still pimp out my video.. lol no crashes in it

http://videos.streetfire.net/categor...0a018a72f5.htm

Comment

Before everyone jumps down the kids throat and tries to say "I told you so"

Cut him some slack.

First of all..its not like that was the first crash at Irwindale...way more experienced people than him have hit the wall.

Earlier during the DD33 He had a mishap with the wall and as a result the steering was screwed. So the crew had to leave the track and do a rush job to fix it.

They ended up having to put stock steering knuckles on the car thus..much less angle than usual...and I believe there were problems with the steering column itself.

It showed for the rest of the day he continued to struggle with the car. Once their practice runs were over they quickly replaced the knuckle with a modified part but were not able to notch out the A-arm so the passenger-side front wheel would rub with more more angle he tried to put into it. A veteran probably wouldn't have cared about that..but it wasn't is car so Im sure that situation made him nervous.

The course layout was EXTREMELY difficult and during the drivers meeting after the practice runs there was almost a unanimous vote to change the course layout to the "D1" configuration.

Each driver was then given 5 practice runs.

Before that crash he wasn't doing to bad..but you could tell that he was being conservative ..probably because he was shaken from the crash earlier.

The crash in the video wasn't as bad as it looked and he drove off and lined up again to continue his runs.

I really think that he might have the potential but tonight just wasn't his night.

So he didn't get his license and he is not on the mopar team..they simply have an arrangement for Nick to use the viper as he continues to try and make his way into Formula-D. Chances are we will see him in the pro-am series next year. Hes serious about trying to get better..in fact he has another practice session this week.

Comment

Working...
                              X