Why I'm not making seattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I'm not making seattle

For those of you who care, or those who dont, or those bored reading the internet, but ESPECIALLY for those of you who are *trying* to act like you know what you are talking about and be up in my business, here is the story.

At Sonoma as im sure y'all know, especially the latter group, I totalled my LS13 via K Rail in tandem against Kenji. A week later we arrived back at Driven Concepts in Tampa, FL and tried to plan out our attack on Formula Drift Round 5 : Seattle.

The whole trip back we were planning/talking about/discussing which shell would be best to swap everythign over to, what we could improve on the new car versus old etc etc. When we got back one of the local frame shop people came by and was like thats totally fixable it will take 2 days. We were suprised by this and decided that woudl be the most efficient route by far.

Fast forward several weeks, and the car returns from the frame shop on a Friday afternoon. There is a drift event on that sunday in Orlando, so we try to throw the car back together for that. After pulling an all nighter with one of the shop guys, Tommy, we load up and head out to the event, after telling them we would be arriving late we show up and aren't allowed to drive, because according to the head event organizer we are late, yet 2 other people show up hours after us and are allowed on track. Oh well, thats over and done with.

So after this event we have 2 weeks to knock out a bunch of little tiny things on the car, and several big things on the car. We had originally planned on putting a new rollcage in the car, but time woudlnt allow it, however we could now make a new interior and redo the wiring completely, as well as start with body work.

Fast forward to last friday, We are having serious trouble finding a rental van, and some miscomunication with the rental company leads to no rental, and with a couple other things we decide that instead of doing a risky seattle trip, possibly not making it on time, car failing/etc, go ahead and abort round five, and focus on doing everythign the right way once. Which in my opinion was the best idea, since if I had done that the 1st time I woudl probably be sitting a lot better in points right now, and I might have had enough time driving the car instead of working out bugs on it every event to be doing better.

So for everyone who cares, doesnt care, is bored on the internet, or those select few of you who enjoy rumors, talking to people you shouldn't be talking to, saying things you don't know anything about but you speak anyways, now you know as paul harvey would say, the rest of the story.

Good day, see you all at Wall Speedway or sooner, and good luck to everyone at Seattle. Wish I was there, but for once I'm giong to do the smart thing and look at the big picture.

...can we still be friends?

Comment

No one is ever really friends with a Texan. You might think you are, but one day when you least expect it... BLAM, you're a prize winning chili.

Hope you get it work out Mike. It's kinda domestic, so I gotta at least cross my fingers for you.
      Good luck and God bless.

Comment

Originally posted by cfrost
        ...can we still be friends?

no. I do not like white people. But I hopefully will have a computer to play live for speed on when i go back to florida.

Comment

You had better make it to New Jersey because the fans need that rev-limiter bouncing, blown ls1, kinda purple, wild *Censored**Censored**Censored* entry speed, parking in the k-rail action to keep things intersting.

Comment

Gotta do whats best in the long run, I think its a smart choice to really make sure 100% the car is ready to go before going all out. If it was street drifting or practice then I wouldn't feel that way but since its competition then yeah I say good choice.

Comment

Originally posted by GBC
              You had better make it to New Jersey because the fans need that rev-limiter bouncing, blown ls1, kinda purple, wild *Censored**Censored**Censored* entry speed, parking in the k-rail action to keep things intersting.

wallspeed will be at wallspeedway

Comment

any pics of the ls13 carnage?

Comment

its fixed, just all primered up now with a sil front.

Comment

ill find the pics of the wreck when i get back, but theres some on www.modified.com

i wouldnt call it 100%fixed though.

Comment

Good luck getting it sorted. I'd been wondering why it hadn't been more competitive, I figued it was just taking a while to get dialed in, but I wasn't sure. The thing has tons of potential, so the end result should be well worth the wait.

Comment

Working...
                      X