Formula D Sonoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula D Sonoma

I know this is a little late, but I just watched the G4 coverage of the Formula D Sonoma event. Everything seemed all cool until Samuel Hubinette's battle with Ken Gushi. Gushi had four amazing runs while all of Hubinette's were mediocre (by professional drifting standards). Even the announcers favored Gushi, but the judges still gave the win to Hubinette! It took me a minute to process the load of bs the judges just unloaded. How could Hubinette have won, he corrected more than Gushi and his angle seemed much shallower than Gushi's (at least on TV).

Now I'm not an amazing drifter and don't claim to be, however, I do love drifting and can distinguish between a good and a bad drift. I was glad to see that Gushi's team protested the call. Can I get some feedback from everyone else? Am I insane or did Gushi clearly win? Also I would like to know what happened after the protest by Gushi's team. If any of the judges have an explanation for this call, I would like to hear it (And "Hubinette's sponsored by a big-three car company" isn't a valid explanation).

I'm just tired of seeing Hubinette and Millen get free passes just because of their rediculously high-dollar sponsorships. I can see drifting turning into NASCAR if media saps like Millen and Hubinette aren't given a dose of reality. There's a difference between professionalism and hamming it up for airtime, I just wish that drifting stay pure and not become the next NASCAR.
Working...
X