steering help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering help

how to pratice a smooth counter-steering contorl during drifting....do you guys do anythings mods to the steering system ?

For me, just concentrate on moving the steeringwheel in a non-jerky fashion. I normally let go of the steering wheel to get it to countersteer for me, then I grab it at the right point and hold it there. Sometimes i need to adjust the steering a little bit, but for the most part it's in that one area. It just takes practice.

Comment

is any one else like me and dont know what there hands are doing? I just sortof learned by feeling it out, and im still not great at it. but i dont know what my hands are doing exactly. i need to set up a video camera or something so i can and see what im doing.

Comment

A good technique I was taught by an instructor in Autocross was not go one arm over the other, easy to lose grasp and not as effective as sliding hands on wheel.

Lets say you are turning left, you would push up with right arm and when your hand goes to about 12 o'clock position bring down with your left. and start over if you need more steering. While drifting out of the turn thewheel should return to neutral on its own coming out of a drift if done properly

Dont know if that made any sense, but there are several techniques for steering. That is what I use

as far as good feel in steering, I installed TC rods and Tein tie rods and ends which made the steering feel quicker and firmer

Comment

I will put a stearing mod thread in the tech soon. this is for the nissans and is a good mod for drifters with these cars.

Comment

cant wait to read it... hey sence the conversation of safety has came up a few times the last few days, what do you an experience drifter do as far as safety for practicing and safety modifications do?

Comment

I keep it in my pants or wear a raincoat. OHH sorry wrong forum. But yea I stay on the track I know not all of you have this oppertunity. I also have a rollbar and a 4point harness. I carry a fire extinguisher and above all else I dont push myself or my car beond its limits.

Comment

Working...
              X