turbo 2 experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo 2 experiences

im going to get a FC and iv driven a turbo 2 (it felt nice) but i was wondering how many problems people have had with their turbo FC's. my friend says they have alot of issues with the turbo system.

One time I turned mine on and it caught on fire =\

Comment

well no helpful information so far just opinions...actually they sound alot like those opinionated comments i hear from muscle car drivers all the time about everything japanese.

Comment

Haha, nice observation, I was gunna say the same thing when I read this thread earlier. I love my FC and have had no probs with it other than flooding (mines an NA) and wiring (I removed the drivers seat and when I reinstalled it, I pinched a wire, so not a real prob). But Like I said, I have an NA so I cant speak for TIIs. Good luck though.

Comment

If you are going to get a turbo rotarty then the FC is the way to go. The FD's are more trouble then the FC's and if you want to spend some money get an FD. I love my FD, there is nothing like it on the road and I will whip the pants off 85% of the other cars out there. But that hasn't come easy or cheaply. As for them being pieces of Garbage, Disregard that. that comes from a guy whos name it piston2rotary. That speaks for itself.

The single setup on the FC is pretty trouble free and the engine still remains alot of it's stellar reliability. They are cheap to replace and as long as you keep oil in them and don't overheat them, they are great engines. Rotaries are wonderful engines. Reseach them and you will see.

I say get it. The whole world is going with 240's. Nothing wrong with them and they are great cars, but the FC in my opinion is just as good and in some cases better. A turbo is a nice thing to have especially if you don't have to swap it in there. Put them stock to stock and the FC will outperform the 240. But who keeps em stock. 240's and FC's are 2 of the most popular cars for a reason.

Comment

thanx i was wondering how long it would be till u found my thread. anyways... i know alot about the engines in the way of information. but i dont have alot of experience in anything past the first gen. which my friends family has 3 of...lol. i think he hates newer rx-7s because he cant afford one.

Comment

I've owned numerous ones but never any second gens. So what I know is either hearsay or info from friends. But the overall opnion of them is good. Especially the turbo ones. I don't think I have heard any nightmare stories about the FC's like you hear about the FD's and other cars.

I would go with it. It's a secondary car for you it seems so if you break it you aren't stranded.

Comment

just keep up with maintence and such, and if u plan to mod, be sure to watch how u do it, a good idea is to get an engine management system such has a haltech, then a full exhuast to get rid of alot of the heat built up, a better fuel pump and other little odds and ends, just be sure its tuned! That is the single most important factor is how much fuel and air u are getting, a guy i know in MD ran low 9's and should be running 7's this year with his 13b, making almost 700hp, and he only had to rebuild it once all season! and this was running 40psi, hes hoping to make 900hp and rebuild maybe twice this upcoming season, and all because of tuning. Have fun
                Attached Files

Comment

Figured that was the case. Actually the batteries were dead. My apologies.

Comment

hahaha its all good man

Comment

Awsome cars if you treat it right.

Comment

threat it like a princes and your engine will be a mo fo tiger ready to fight..

the people that have problem with RE engines are in problems with me...

Comment

Rotary's are in a league of their own. Capable of running atleast 500+hp (non-street legal) with a 1.3liter. It has the greatest feeling of beating the big boys with such a small package.

A little advice. FC's were meant to grip race. So you'll experience some hardship drifting it. Especially when you discover the "snap-back". You'll know what I mean, when you drift it stock The rear-steer is something you may want to learn. Go to www.fc3s.org This is where I get all of my technical info about FC's AND they have a product called "Rear-Steer eliminator" but that's in the long run. Good Luck and enjoy!.

Comment

FC's take some skillz to drift, they are great cars, but as stated above they snap back alot! So u have to be a animal, i recommend rear toe elims

Comment

GAWD I hate that rear steer...... it's CRAP!!!! ARGH I can't wait to get my eliminators installed.

As for problems with tha fc I get a little blowby thru the turbo exhaust seal, not a whole lot maybe a small puff of smoke if I'm pushin it hard. But, the motor just got put in and I think the turbo needs a rebuild. Oh and they will leak like a son of biatch if you don't take care of them. All in all the car's never failed me yet but then again I've only owned it for about a year so we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                              X