• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Drag Racer builds drift car...

Here's the story,
    http://www.thespeedlounge.com/info/drift1.html

cool shot.....

Comment

LOL I read the "article" and I found out that drift car building is easy if your a DRAG RACER!.

"TSL: Very true. So for a drag racer is it safe to say that it is a bit easier to build a drift car?
      Bryan Bridges: I think that’s pretty safe to say. I think it is as much driver as it is car. I mean a lot of the guys (and girls) out there drifting basically have a stock 240 with a cage and a SR20 with bolt-ons
      "

Good luck with that idea. I hope Mr Bridges, that you thought about G-forces other than front to back when you made(or paid someone else for) your cage. I see a few "drag" cages in some "drift cars" and it always equals busted ribs. Mr. Bridges had better rethink his oppinion on chassis set up, as it is not as easy as he thinks. I build drift cars, not drag cars. I don't claim that drag cars are easier to build because all you need to do is go straight.
      Mr. Bridges, I would say that you are a tail chaser. I see nothing different in your build from every other "cookie cutter" style S13 out there. Try pushing the envelope.

FOLLOW THE LEADER......HE SOLD HIS HONDA and traded it in for a S13.

I don't know much about drag racing(gave up on it after battle of the imports in '94), but what I do know is lots of draggers wanna be drifters now. The influx of new people is great for drifting but I reccomend a bit of humility.

P.S. If Steph's Drift car has only 20k invested in it then my new name is Dale Ernhart!

Comment

shut up terry

Comment

ha....WOW to this guy....hope he reads the articles that he'll be posting.
          he needs to rethink his strategy just a bit

Comment

Originally posted by Al
            shut up terry

oops ... I left my account logged in and spiderman came up and ...

Yeah whatever AL.

I live down here, I know Viet Lam, we go way back. I am scared.
            Read the Article. I took the time to read it..

Comment

I didn't read it cause I can't read.

now shut up.

Comment

Originally posted by Al
                I didn't read it cause I can't read.

now shut up.
                OK. Al wins... again!

Comment

Originally posted by TSL aricle
                  Drifting..., has been around since the early 70’s.
                  ROFL... wow. Apparently nobody has ever seen film of 50's rally, grand prix, or sportscar racing.

Originally posted by TSL aricle
                  Kunimitsu Takahashi, a motorcycle legend in Japan, created drifting as a way to maintain high exit speeds out of turns while racing on the track.
                  AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHA... omg... wow.

Apparently, no one there has ever bothered to learn a god damn thing about the history of drifting. Nobody invented it, it's a natural result of driving past a tire's limits of adhesion.

If anyone can be said to have invented competitive drifting, It'd be Tsuchiya, but even he was just bringing somethign that was already on the streets and legitamizing it somewhat.

/rantover.

Comment

Who cares, let him build a car and have fun!
                    What does it matter?

Let him run it and see how he does, until then....

Comment

Originally posted by J-Rod
                      Who cares, let him build a car and have fun!
                      What does it matter?

Let him run it and see how he does, until then....
                      word.... good luck on your car build.

Comment

Agreed. Whether his article is complete rubbish or not, the truth will be told soon as that car hits the course. Until then it's just another car that someone, somewhere is building.

Drifting is about fun folks, did we lose that somewhere along the way.

Comment

Thank you J-rod and other's! Now Drag Racing and Drifting, TWO DIFFERENT WORLDS from the looks of some the post on this thread! Some drag racer's put down drifting and some drifters put down drag racing. It's sad to hear that but I love the whole sport compact scene be it drag or drift. Now why would you put someone down for who has the same love as you do for the sport even though he drag races? It would be a great thing to have people love the whole motorsport scene itself...

BTW he still has his drag car and will still drag when his drift car is complete.

Comment

There are a lot of drag car builders whom also build drift cars.

Did we forget Sean Carlson already?

Comment

Originally posted by swifty949
                              There are a lot of drag car builders whom also build drift cars.

Did we forget Sean Carlson already?
                              Guys, I will be the first to admit to Sean Carlson has mad skill. He made a Viper into a D-car, which is a lot different than building a tried and tested platform like the S chassis.
                              I think any motivated person can do the right research and build a crazy S chassis. The formula is out there. Like chocolate chip cookies. That's all.
                              I guess since I was the first one to jump on this and boo it,I better clarify myself. I was dissapointed not because this guy is a drag racer but because I dissagree with the fact that it is easier for a drag racer to build a drift car! It is like the wookie theory. It makes no sense.

Good luck with the build again.

Comment

Working...
                              X