ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

high speed drifts in the mr2..time for a new car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high speed drifts in the mr2..time for a new car.

i finally tried drifting at 50-60 mph today after I mastered the braking drift.

I replied in an earlier thread that having no power steering didn't effect me. Well, boy am I wrong. in order to maintain stability at these speeds I need to be a lot quicker on the wheel.
    I seems like I have to spin the wheel too many times just to counter steer.

It's hard to exit a drift too. The second time I tried I didn't striaghten the wheel fast enough, and I ended up doing a Scandinivian flick and spinning totally out of control. I was so scared. my nerves were totally shattered and a breather necessary. I stalled my engine out too and it was having a hard time starting back up.

geez... that was so scary.. i felt that I had no control of the car like I did when I was at slower speeds..

my tires got hot and I started understeering, so i just went home with my head down and my tail in my *Censored**Censored**Censored*.

at least I don't have to use the e-brake anymore.

What speeds were you drifting at? i slowly worked my way up from 35 or so to about 60 now, of course i had to improve the actual drifting the whole time.

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
      What speeds were you drifting at? i slowly worked my way up from 35 or so to about 60 now, of course i had to improve the actual drifting the whole time.
      I was drifting at 30-35 miles an hour.

Comment

Working...
      X