Who says FWD can't drift?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who says FWD can't drift?!?

Okay, so maybe it wasn't intentional, but it still was a nice drift around turn 1 at Summit Point!

Some more photos are at: http://www.tankslapperautosport.com/...ls.php?album=4

Matt

I rated this thread at terrible.

Comment

Haha. I'm one to say they can. It's what I started on. Sure, you only have a couple techniques to work with: feint, braking, and e-brake if available, but a drift is a drift reguardless of platform. Off-throttle, they're all the same. I can't say I enjoy fwd drifting as it's almost depressing to do. Every time you exit a corner, you feel so slow, lol. On throttle drifitng would only be doable if you set the car up with a good amount of oversteer, kind of an unstable route. All in all, fwd's not a great platform to drift, but it's still driftable.

Comment

me being from a snowbelt state also, ive done quite a bit of fwd drifting in my past daily driver (98 grand prix gtp) fwd drifting is very different due to the fact that the front wheels can pull the car out of a slip angle. even out of obtuse angles (more than 90 degrees) and still be able to correct. in the future, when people really make some purpose-built fwd drift cars, they are going to be able to some funky lookn *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* with it. stuff that wont even look right. now weve all seen how much angle the stock fwd arab-drifter can do...

Comment

Working...
        X