ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the first Video Drift Competition! (VDC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to the first Video Drift Competition! (VDC)

Welcome to the first Video Drift Competition (VDC)
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    This is just an exercise and a way to say hello to all of the drifters across the world. The following are the rules.

STRICK RULES
    1. You must provide your own video camera and other "PROPS" you may need (eg, cones, lights, etc.).

2. You must bring a writing material (pen, markers, etc) and paper. Write the phrase "I LOVE DRIFTING" before executing your drifting technique (so you can prove that it's you drifting and no one else).

3. Between writing the phrase and executing, the cam must not be cut or edited. The video must continue recording until you are done. Anything after that can be edited for any highlights you may want to present.

4. You can record either the cockpit or the outside while executing a drift ( I suggest removing your license plate).

MISC RULES
    1. You can submit as an individual or as a team, as long you are in a control environment.

2. You have until the end of March to submit your Video, Any submission after that will not be excepted. (an address willl be provided after this list of rules).

3. All cars are welcome especially FF cars. (I would like to see atleast 1 FF to submit).

4. Any questions you may have please post at this thread so that question can be answered.

DISCLAIMER
    This exercise is purely for FUN! Me or any other drifters (especially Drifing.com) do not promote any illegal actions you may do or encounter. This exercise actually encourage any participants to enter to any nearby legal sanction races and record yourself at the legal sanction races.

Anything you break or damage in your vehicle or other peoples property will be your own responsibility. NOT me or any other participants (especially Drifting.com) will be responsible.

Okay after all of the BS rules and disclaimer LETS ALL go out there and HAVE FUN!

REMEMBER! Be smart and USE your COMMON SENSE!

Upload:
    Please submit all of your video at the following FTP site.
    (TBD, Just give me a couple of days to configure the site).
    PLEASE NO LEECHING! IF I see a user that's leeching off my SITE. I will kill and delete that entry off my site! is that CLEAR!?

EDIT: Nevermind. I dont want anyone having WRITE permission into my network. SO to submit your VIDEO. You must have a YAHOO MESSENGER and PM me so you can submit your VIDEO:

PM me @ BEN1NIGHT (this is in YAHOO MSGR).
    Last edited by CRASHDRIVE; 02-09-2004, 11:51 PM.

Oh yeah.. Keep an eye onto this FTP site:

ftp://68.101.167.248

This is where all of your submission will be places. Also, if you want to PM me your video. You have to rename your file to your username here in Drifting.com. So we know who you are.

Thanks.

P.S. HOW DO YOU MAKE THIS THREAD STICK ON TOP? I SEE THREAD THE SAYS "STICKY" ON THEM. HOW CAN YOU DO THAT?

Comment

Also, Im am available to transfer files with you between the hours of 7am to 5pm (that's when im at work) Just PM @ BEN1NIGHT in yahoo, so you can transfer your entry

Comment

wait...so the video i got from this past weekend dosnt count because the camera has a stop in between segments?

are there people out there who really are losers to the point where they take a video of someone else driving their car and say its them... just to win NOTHING besides Eprops in an online "contest"?

lord i hope not...

Comment

Originally posted by Matto
          wait...so the video i got from this past weekend dosnt count because the camera has a stop in between segments?

are there people out there who really are losers to the point where they take a video of someone else driving their car and say its them... just to win NOTHING besides Eprops in an online "contest"?

lord i hope not...
          He he. I just put that in there. I dont really give a Sh*T. put post it dude. I dont care.

PM me I'll put in on my FTP site. So we can all view it.

Comment

Also if you are underage and can't legally drive, don't bother sending anything in on a public road.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
              Also if you are underage and can't legally drive, don't bother sending anything in on a public road.
              Oh yeah!.. Exactly!.. Geez.

Sorry guys. I made up this rules around 11pm last night. I work early. So I was already sleepy around that time

Comment

**UPDATE**

Please upload your video at the following address:

ftp://68.101.167.248:2323/upload

Please rename your video file to match your username in Drifting.com so we know who you are.

Thanks.
                Last edited by CRASHDRIVE; 02-21-2004, 06:31 PM.

Comment

CRASHDRIVE, thanks for posting the disclaimer. Please report any ILLEGAL ACTIVITY if it occurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pita Bread
                    CRASHDRIVE, thanks for posting the disclaimer. Please report any ILLEGAL ACTIVITY if it occurs.
                    Not a PROBLEM!

Comment

How do I load my entry?

Comment

Originally posted by emission
                        How do I load my entry?
                        upload your entry to this address:

ftp://68.101.167.248:2323/upload

Thanks.
                        Last edited by CRASHDRIVE; 02-21-2004, 06:31 PM.

Comment

i can't wait to see all the videos. have fun and keep it safe out there guys!

Comment

Can someone upload something to that ftp site.

I just want to know if its working.

Thanks.

Comment

Video Competition Entries

I tried uploading some videos to your site, so hopefully they work. If not, here are the links to those videos.

http://www.stanzadriven.com/members/...ryonedrift.AVI
                              This clip is of Barry Wong, Stanford Lau, Lanct Tsubota, Steve Oliberos, Scott Pires, and Maeda Ken.

http://www.stanzadriven.com/members/...s/kenangle.AVI
                              This clip is of Barry Wong, Lance Tsubota, and Maeda Ken.

http://www.stanzadriven.com/members/...anceandken.AVI
                              This clip is of Lance Tsubota and Maeda Ken.

http://www.stanzadriven.com/members/...ragematt03.AVI
                              This clip is of Matt McQuain aka "Matto."

All of these video clips were taken by Matt McQuain aka "Matto" on Saturday February 7, 2004 at 1pm at the Drift Session in Hawaii Raceway Park. The drivers were using the quarter mile runoff straightaway and a single 180 degree turn. We didn't have the "I Love Drifting" signs up, so you'll just have to trust us.

Don't pay attention to the black Corolla GTS hatchback. That's Maeda Ken (Up Garage Yellow turbo hachiroku; sponsored driver). I don't think it's fair to judge the Drift Session guys in relation to him at this point in time.

Comment

Working...
                              X