THANK YOU!! From FORMULA D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THANK YOU!! From FORMULA D

On behalf of everyone involved in producing the Formula Drift events (from our jumbotron and radio communications partner Belle One to our production partner Rental Werks to our volunteer staff to every one at the office everyday), THANK YOU for helping us make another Championship season possible. Like any journey, we had ups and downs this season, but to be able to end the season with the largest attendance for a drifting event ever at Irwindale (yes, even more than the first D1 event that Ryan and I put on) is absolutely awesome (official press release to come).

Like Ryan and I stated in our speech to the drivers and sponsors, these milestones and records is not about Formula Drift or Jim and Ryan but it is about all of us involved in this community, every fan, driver, mechanic, rig driver, sponsor, vendor, and media. These successes like Saturday's attendance record, was accomplished by all of us. So learning by lessons I personally learned as the former Sponsorship Director for IDRC (one of the original import drag racing championships) and as a fan of IRL/Champ Car, WE, as a community, as a sport and Formula Drift as a professional drifting championship, can only succeed together not divided.

Thank you all again for another memorable season. And if you are in Southern California, come by V20 in downtown Long Beach for the post-awards banquet, season finale party. Doors open at 9pm. No cover charge. 21 and over.

Coming up next...
    - press conference on Wednesday at SEMA regarding all the fun stuff related to next season and beyond

Jim - Thank YOU to you and all of your staff who made this year such a successful season! 2 new venues, more than 50 drifters, 4 different event winners, 9 different podium winners, and thousands upon thousands of fans who experienced the event live as well as hundreds of thousands of people who watched it on TV, this has been a year of amazing accomplishments, and it's all due to your hard work

After the amazing event last night, I can't wait to see the next year unfold. It's hard to imagine the series getting bigger and better, but it's going to happen.

Keep doin what yer doin

Comment

I agree wholeheartedly with Jacob on this one. Last night was an incredible event and was definitely a memorable finish for a memorable season. I can only expect bigger and better things next season, but wow, what a finish!

Comment

We want to thank you guys also for a great season! I really appreciate the extra effort that FD made to make sure all teams are comfortable and made sure that all the needs of the teams were met. We really look forward to next season. Thanks again!

Comment

THANK YOU to the fans of Formula Drift and fans of Drifting in general.
          What an event to end the year with, The "House of Drift" Irwindale was phenominal, insane at that!

Thank you for the support, praise, feedback and hype you all bring to each and every event.
          From Streets of Long Beach, Atlanta, Chicago, Sonoma, Seattle, New Jersey and finally Irwindale you guys are awesome.

I can't wait for 2007!

Comment

everyone has complaints and things they want changed in the series, im no different than anyone else.

but I know you guys have ears, and I know you work hard. Thanks for giving us a great series to work in, and the opportunities beyond just driving at events.

I hope the series grows even more for 2007. Looking forward to working with you and the rest of your staff in the upcoming year. Thanks.

and to all the fans, sponsors (cooper/enjuku/spec/torco/brown&miller/etc..my sponsors,hehe), and anyone who works hard to make this sport into something amazing, thanks. keep believing in this, it will keep moving forward.

Comment

This season was great! I hope to see you guys back in Seattle in 2007

Comment

Fd

im with rob, thanks for hearing, listening and adapting. it gets better every year. see you at SEMA!!1

Comment

Working...
                X