Sr20det Fc3s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sr20det Fc3s

Hey everyone i'm looking to see if anyone knows where there is a write-up or if there is someone that can tell me some stuff about dropping an sr20det into an fc?

I'm not worried about the wiring or the custom driveshaft motormounts tranny mount or any of that i'm just wondering about whether or not it clears the fc crossmember or not basically.

And please don't flame with a bunch of B.S. about "you should keep a rotary in it " " or just get a 240" I've owned rotary's for the last 8 years and i know them in and out, Now i want to try something different with one of my spare cars and a V-8 conversion is NOT what i'm looking for nor want.

Opinions are like ***holes everybody has one, And no i dont want to see yours flaming.

Thanks in advance for any USEFULL input.

Matt

the engine will fit i seen it in an fc but i cant post pic cuz its not my car.

Comment

do you know who's car it is? can you ask if you could post some pics of the engine bay or if he can give me some pointers?

I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks for the reply,
      Matt

Comment

bump for my topic

Comment

I know that one of the first people to do this swap was chris forsberg back before he was pro.

Comment

yeah i heard T.A. bought it so i emailed him but no response yet, he might not even remember much i think forsberg and T.A. made it like what 4 1/2 years ago?

I really need just the basic info though i've made motor mounts and all that before just want to know if its even worth the hassle because i'd love to do the swap and i dont mind if its hard but i don't like having unfinished projects all over.

the craziest thing i've ever done was a 20b conquest so i'm sure i can figure it out.

thanks for the help,
            Matt

Comment

you will have to make mounts
              but you will lose the best thing about the spining triangles... THE EXHAUST SOUND
              i dont think its worth it unless you are running like 300-400 horse at wheels
              and i dont think the kid doing the swap will let me know whats up he just lets me look at it at the shop

Comment

Originally posted by teamINERTIA View Post
                yeah i heard T.A. bought it so i emailed him but no response yet, he might not even remember much i think forsberg and T.A. made it like what 4 1/2 years ago?

I really need just the basic info though i've made motor mounts and all that before just want to know if its even worth the hassle because i'd love to do the swap and i dont mind if its hard but i don't like having unfinished projects all over.

the craziest thing i've ever done was a 20b conquest so i'm sure i can figure it out.

thanks for the help,
                Matt
                Lindsey ross owns that car now he is in Socal and is getting ready to swap it back out for a rotary. you could probably buy the whole setup. for a good price and save a ton of time

email him at lindsay@driftalliance.com.

good luck!
                www.driftalliance.com
                TEAM FALKEN

Comment

there a guy named matt who works at project auto salon in Stallings,NC whos doing that swap now on a fc vert.

Comment

DAMN!!!!! thats what i'm talking bout. Thanks alot JR i'm gonna email him and see whats up with everything.

Thanks again man you may have saved my butt alot of trouble and heartaches haha.

Matt

Comment

Matt dont u know JRs always got the hook up lol good luck with the swap show some pic if u ever get it done

Comment

Tony doesn't have it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                          Tony doesn't have it anymore.
                          your reading comprehension needs some work

Comment

BH's everything needs a lot of work.

I can't get my DA email from work, so you're gonna have to wait till I get home for me to read it. Or just copy and paste it into a PM.

I can tell you everything you need to do (or Tony and Chris can, since they're the one's who ruined this bird with their anger) or like JR said, you can buy everything (well... almost) out of my car right now, drop it in your jam, and do some minor wiring to get it mated to the chassis.

p.s. this is Lindsay.

p.p.s. I like how JR called me lindsey but then when it got time for the email adress, he got it right. Hahaha.

p.p.p.

p.s.s.

p.p.p.p.p.ss.s.s. I like eating fresh fish.

Comment

Lindsay has that car now.

Comment

Working...
                              X