Gateway Intl Raceway - E. St Louis, IL - Drag and Drift

Texas Motorplex - Ft Worth, TX - Drift Only

Richmond Intl Raceway - Richmond, VA - Drift Only

Charlotte Motorspeedway - Charlotte, NC - Drift Only

New England Dragway - Epping, NH - Drag Only

Maryland Intl Raceway - Mechanicsville, MD - Drag Only

Atlanta Motorspeedway - NOPI Nationals - Drag / Drift / supershow

*pending events in Chicago, LA, and Miami*

(this is similar to their schedule for last year's NDRA event, so you can expect similar dates. Also, NOPI does not want to compete with FD or NHRA on dates, so dates will be scheduled accordingly)

Also Announced:
    - Prize purse of $10k per drifting event, $5k to 1st place, payouts to top 8 drivers.
    - Judging criteria will be "new" and "innovative", and available shortly.
    Last edited by EverythingDrift; 11-04-2006, 04:41 PM.

where do I sign...about time

Comment

Also announced - Drift Fury will be doing the licensing, but they will honor any other sanctioning body's license...

aka - if you have a D1 or FD license, you can drive in NOPI Drift

Comment

odd, no cali venues............

Comment

Originally posted by sonnysmr2 View Post
          Nopi never does Cali events. They tried once a few years ago but it never panned out.

Thats why I suspected from the get go that for the most part this would be an east coast/southern series.

However it does say there are pending events in Cali, so we'll see how that goes.

If I had to take a guess I'd say they are trying to book a date at Irwindale that doesn't conflict with FD or D1.

It's pretty much a given that if you're going to try and do a major drift series you have to make a stop at Irwindale. Afterall it is "The House of Drift" ..god I hate that name.. but its catchy..I wonder if we'll get any new "jrod-isms" next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
            Also announced - Drift Fury will be doing the licensing, but they will honor any other sanctioning body's license...

aka - if you have a D1 or FD license, you can drive in NOPI Drift
            Actually, it looks like drift furry will be doing their licensing.

Comment

kinda expected. NOPI will be in Phoenix, but as noted, does not like to come out to SoCal.

I have a funny feeling they are trying to get something at the Collesium or at the Rose Bowl. They mentioned during the press conference that they are in negotiations with some "major stadiums". Dolphins stadium was mentioned in Miami...

and yes, i noticed the "drift furry" in their literature... heh.

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
              Nopi never does Cali events. They tried once a few years ago but it never panned out.

Thats why I suspected from the get go that for the most part this would be an east coast/southern series.

However it does say there are pending events in Cali, so we'll see how that goes.

If I had to take a guess I'd say they are trying to book a date at Irwindale that doesn't conflict with FD or D1.

It's pretty much a given that if you're going to try and do a major drift series you have to make a stop at Irwindale. Afterall it is "The House of Drift" ..god I hate that name.. but its catchy..I wonder if we'll get any new "jrod-isms" next season.
              were you there for the press conference? just wondering...

Comment

"NOPI does not want to compete with FD or NHRA on dates, so dates will be scheduled accordingly"
                that might have something to do with it?

Comment

please tell me the st louis event is on the track not the parking lot

Comment

Micheal said he forgot to mention the biggest thing...... The tv show. I think he said it will be 16 shows instead of 8 per season. I THINK.

Lol @ drift furry. People say that here.

Comment

Are there any dates associated with these events yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                        were you there for the press conference? just wondering...
                        Nope, wasn't there for the press conference.

Comment

Originally posted by GBC View Post
                          Are there any dates associated with these events yet?
                          SEMA ended on friday. It's Sunday. Do you HONESTLY think that they would have announced dates between friday and sunday?!

Besides, NHRA S/C hasn't released their schedule, and that is NOPI's direct competitor for drag racing. I won't expect a schedule from NOPI until then.

You've got at least 4 full months until the first event, chill out.

Comment

It would be nice to get dates for those local organizations whom would rather plan around big comps. It should not take that long to plan dates, most tracks do planning b/w now and january.

Comment

Originally posted by kidynomite View Post
                              It would be nice to get dates for those local organizations whom would rather plan around big comps. It should not take that long to plan dates, most tracks do planning b/w now and january.
                              Like Jacob said above, the NHRA doesn't have their dates out yet. NOPI doesn't want to conflict with their schedule. I feel your pain tho. I need to get my dates set and I can't until NOPI has theirs.

Comment

Working...
                              X