suggestion for Formula D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestion for Formula D

I'm a new driver and only did one season in FD, so maybe i should be making any suggestion. i heard a lot of people talking about new idea to make the serie run smother faster and being more exciting for the fan. i just want to discuss those ideas.

PRACTICE:
    i think we should have 2 hours pratcice for the non-seeded driver on friday. the seeded guy get 1 hours and are able to do around 6 pass. there is almost twice the amount of car in non-seeded and we only have 1 hours. we are only able to get 3 runs.
    ethier give us 2 hours or stop the clock when somebody hit the fence and the track is cold.

JUDGE:
    during qualif:
    have the judges seperated, judge should not be able to talk to each other. it's not a debated event, it's a judge event. each judge gives a number and that it, not talking or trying to convense the other judge.

during battle:
    no more "1 more time". have the pair do 3 runs. the best qualifier lead twice.
    best out of three.
    the judge should have 2 flags, a red (for one car) and a blue (for the other). if the judge think the red car was better, red flag up. 2 flag and you win that run. no more 7-3 or 4-6 BS. and no more discussing it between the judge.

about the overall run of the event:
    thurday:
    have a full day of open practice to all the competitor. 9am to 5pm who ever wants to pratice.
    Friday:
    pratice and qualifying for the seeded and non-seeded guys. that way you have your top 32 by friday night.
    Saturday:
    9am to 1pm bottom 16 battle
    2am to 5pm top 16 battle.
    no more qualifying on saturday, nobody cares and it's boring to watch.

like i said, those are suggestion that seems pretty good to me. maybe i'm the only one thinking that way.
    what do you think?

I think those are all good suggestions, it would be nice if FD implemented some of them.

Comment

Some of that is good... however...

I think there should be SOME practice and/or qualifying saturday morning for top 16, because track conditions change. If you practiced friday night at 5pm, the track was warm. if it's cloudy / rainy (which hasn't happened, KNOCK ON WOOD), etc on saturday morning, it might take a few runs to get adjusted to.

Also, Bottom 16 tandem could be cool for 1 round, but I don't want to see a whole 16-to-1 to get a 'consolation' winner. Also, a lot of the people who end up in that 'bottom 16' either crashed or spun, and if they do that in tandem, then drifting turns into import drag racing again where it's a bunch of one car runs, and nobody likes watching that.

But i do like the seperation of judges and best 2/3 runs with flags and all that.

Thanks for your participation this year, Steph! hope you come out next year as well!

Comment

Originally posted by verdier View Post
        PRACTICE:
        i think we should have 2 hours pratcice for the non-seeded driver on friday. the seeded guy get 1 hours and are able to do around 6 pass. there is almost twice the amount of car in non-seeded and we only have 1 hours. we are only able to get 3 runs.
        ethier give us 2 hours or stop the clock when somebody hit the fence and the track is cold.
        if you think about it, the short prequalifying practice for non seeded + qualifying runs, then the ability to join into seeded practice seemed to be an even amount of seat time if you made it. if you dont make it you probably might not get 5 runs, but the harshness of reality is they arent doing the events for seat time, so trying to get the 33+ ranked drivers extra seat time doesnt really add anything to the event other than take away time from the 32 drivers that will be going all out on mainday. more seat time for everyone would be awesome.

JUDGE:
        during qualif:
        have the judges seperated, judge should not be able to talk to each other. it's not a debated event, it's a judge event. each judge gives a number and that it, not talking or trying to convense the other judge.
        im 50/50.

good idea because it really makes each judge put down his own opinion without possibility for second thoughts on his call.

buuut

sometimes you arent sure if something just did/didnt happen, and its kinda nice to have someone there to discuss.

during battle:
        best out of three.
        the judge should have 2 flags, a red (for one car) and a blue (for the other). if the judge think the red car was better, red flag up. 2 flag and you win that run. no more 7-3 or 4-6 BS. and no more discussing it between the judge.
        flag idea = awesome

3 runs?

kens/tanner destroy tires in 2 runs sometimes. three back to back runs is pretttty hard on cars.

plus 1 more time is pretty cool.

about the overall run of the event:
        thurday:
        have a full day of open practice to all the competitor. 9am to 5pm who ever wants to pratice.
        Friday:
        pratice and qualifying for the seeded and non-seeded guys. that way you have your top 32 by friday night.
        Saturday:
        9am to 1pm bottom 16 battle
        2am to 5pm top 16 battle.
        no more qualifying on saturday, nobody cares and it's boring to watch.

like i said, those are suggestion that seems pretty good to me. maybe i'm the only one thinking that way.
        what do you think?

if the venues are okay with that schedule i like that idea. but imo top 32 qualifying needs to take place and make the cut at the very beginning, and if you dont make it you dont practice anymore so top32 gets the most seat time possible, pretty much like they did this year. but i understand its not really FD making the alloted track time as much as it is the venue.

good job though trying to come up with some new ideas, new ideas are always good.

Comment

the one thing id like to see is the events run on a saturday and sunday instead of fri/sat

Comment

Originally posted by markshatchi86 View Post
            the one thing id like to see is the events run on a saturday and sunday instead of fri/sat
            I believe that was done to allow people to spend sunday traveling to get back to work. From a spectator standpoint, friday is closed to the public anyways, so a saturday event is all the same...

I like being able to visit the 'locals' on sunday before flying back sunday night. Also, gives you time to really party after the event saturday night, where as a sunday event, you can't really party.

the fewer mondays I miss, the better

Comment

I like the open practice idea on thursday.
              BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

Originally posted by markshatchi86 View Post
                I doubt this will happan since fri/sat has been done for two yrs now. And to FD it seems pretty content. But who knows, stuff could change.

But I did it like the first yr of FD.

Comment

Everone including Owners/drivers and FD must look a what it takes to make drifting better and more appealing to the fans who by the tickets and by the sponsor products. That is what will keep drifting gowing. If we put our selves in front of what the fans needs we will loose them or at least not grow like we need to.. We must always look at what we can do, to make drifting better and better every event.
                  Last edited by olddrifter; 12-03-2006, 03:37 PM.

Comment

thurday:
                    I really really like this idea. Another thing I would like to point out is that in Seattle, WA a local organization brought together a meet for all the local drivers. The FD drivers got to participate too, a lot of the locals absolutely loved that. Is there any possibility of allowing this to happen more often?

Friday:
                    I see no down side for Friday, it helps prepare for Saturday and provides opportunity to setup and give drivers time familiarize themselves with the track layout.

When it comes to close calls, fans like the feeling seeing death matches. It gets them to stand up and betting money. If it was a close call and someone flipped a coin, people would be making this face before leaving -> we want people standing, grabbing there friend and pooling together a betting pot making this face ->

So 50% of the crowd walk out like this -> and the other half saying "don't gloat" ->

NissanPacific.com
                    EOPerformance.net

Comment

Working...
                    X