Sc300+2jzgte vs Maxda6 (wut to get)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sc300+2jzgte vs Maxda6 (wut to get)

Ive been thinking of getting a new car....My 2 decisions are a lexus sc300 with a 2jzgte motor swap and minor modifications or a mazda6....Wut do u guys think I should get? I like both cars and I wish I had them 2 but I can only make 1 decision

nothing against the 6, but I personally would like to see more soarers nicely tunned on the road. That's just my opinion, so who cares. Just get what you know will make you happier in the long run.

Comment

Huh? What? Mazda 6? How do you compare these cars? What do you want? Do you want a V-6 FF or a RWD I-6, a family car or a luxury sports car? This is such a vauge question it blows my mind.

Comment

id go for the soarer cuz i dont know much about mazda6s...and i dont know much about the soarer either...but the soarer emblem looks awesome

Comment

well sence this is a drifting forum, your going to get biased answers, but i will agree with them, go with the RWD lexus..and put her on a diet.

Comment

Originally posted by raging panda
            Huh? What? Mazda 6? How do you compare these cars? What do you want? Do you want a V-6 FF or a RWD I-6, a family car or a luxury sports car? This is such a vauge question it blows my mind.
            I was thinking the same thing. apples and oranges dude! you apparently have no idea what you want.

Comment

Well, what about if he wants to touge or auto-x the 6. I would like to see a 6 make a touge run.

Comment

hmm.....Thanks guys! I might as well go for the sc300.

Comment

get this peice
                  Attached Files

Comment

its not a soarer is a sc300 in america...and i would say SC300 because its just a cooler car, even though weight is a factor, it can still be taken care of, reducing the weight and throwing in a 2jz will cost a pretty penny, but it'll be worth it in the end. I say SC300 although i have nothing againest the mazda 6...best handling sedan in its class...

Comment

Soarer/SC300

Comment

This is a pretty obious choice to most of us guys who live, eat,sleep and drive DRIFT. But there are good & Bad points to both cars.

MAZDA 6:

The mazda 6 is a good all around Mid sized sedan, it is roomy and looks sweet, and has good handling. Bad thing is as we speak I am fixing one wrecked in the front, Hit a Pick-up truck and caused $10,000 of damage in a 25mph collision. One word PLASTIC, and lots of it in this car, plus it is still a sedan, and it is an FF platform, so unless you love to e-brake slide, 86 hardcore drifting.

SC300/Soarer

This is one badass mother, especially if ya say it has a 2JZ motor in it. Basically you have the heart of a Supra, with it's already well known bottom end capabilities. Weight is an issue with this platform, as it can vary from 3450-3650lbs (depending on year) and so it can hinder someone who is looking for a nimble handling car, in which an S13 or S14 can accomodate this!! Anyways, basic build up can follow Supra Guideline, but with one heck of a Sexier look, and also can slap Soarer badges on for the JDM Hardcore. And RWD is always a plus!!

I personaly like the Soarers, My buddy Huy has a black one with a BOMEX kit, and it looks clean!!!!! Plus the exceptional capabitly of the 2JZ platform and just plain all out coolness make the Soarer the obious winner of this comparison.

Comment

thanks a lot. I guess the 2jzgte motor i pricey. Im saving up money for it right now as we speak. Im thinkin of getting a 1991 or a 1992 soarer. Thanks guys

Comment

Unless you're married, SC is the way to go!

You'll get more chicks with a Lexus, and you'll also be able to find more junked cars to scavange from. The money that you would have spent on the brand new 6 can be spent toward motor and suspension setup.

The only real limits to how much weight you want to shave are:
                            1-How much you can live without (power accessories, leather seats, spare tire)
                            2-How much you want to cut (exhaust, replacing unit-body with space frame, drilled out window supports and pedals and so on)
                            3-How much money you want to spend (CF or Fiberglass hood, lightweight wheels, carbon seats)

You can cut an SC down to 3000 lbs with little trouble, and if you throw a 2JZ into it you'll have a super-strong power plant.

-MR

Comment

Thats Ez

1 Get Soarer
                              2 Email me when you do and I'll make sure you have everybody jockin'

3 Get sidewayz.....

Comment

Working...
                              X