My first drift...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first drift...

I followed optionboy's advice and took my truck out on the dirt roads by my house drove around the area a few times to get a feel for it and was able to pull off a shift-lock drift after a few failed attempts. Oh man i never new how awsome drifting felt it was so cool to have my truck turn that quick and that sharp and still be in control(also it felt like it spun around it's center insted of the front wheels is that good or bad?). I now have a small understanding of why you guys love this set of techniques so much it just feels so awsome. I also see why everyone says to be so carefull. I think i will definatelly stick with dirt drifting till i get lots of practice and a vehichle i don't care about wrecking. But now i'm hooked and will keep trying to learn on the dirt. It would be cool if you guys and gals would share your first drift and give a beginer a few tips thx all.

coolie

-think- 2 or 3 years ago before my 180sx ever came into play I owned a honda civic 4dr hatchback.....1983 or 2 cant remeber, that car was fun as hell...it was 5pd and had all the nice stuff (considering it was new and in the 80s) anyway my first drift was 1 year after I had the car and it was on my normal street....me and a friend of mine were just screwing around trying to go as fast as we could without losing control or flipping it over around this one bend thats real nice before you hit my driveway, and on either side is the creek, well I had the car up to about 65 or 70 and in to the curve I revved it up alittle and shifted down into 4th from 5th...considering to have a little fun I stuck my hand down and pulled hard on the e break sending the little car into a sliding effect...being a little off guard I resumed both hands onto the wheel and then let my right shove the ebreak back down into the normal position, still sliding I counter adjusted until the heavy *Censored**Censored**Censored* rearend went a little to far sideways and I had to slam the main breaks on...damn was it fun though

Comment

Working...
    X