350z wreck at Qualcomm info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 350z wreck at Qualcomm info.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the person who originally shot the video clip of the Megan 350's wreck at Qualcomm? I found two copies on YouTube... but I have a feeling neither of those two were the cameraman.

Thanks in advance.

BTW... this is the clip I am referring to:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CpujJDW9nY

Comment

I watched it with my own eyes.
      Very interesting.

I picked up a LOT of parts from the car that flew into the street.
      Craziest thing I have seen in a while.

Comment

Definitely a wild one. I would like to talk to the person who shot the footage about including it in Slide America... the accident gets referenced in some San Diego interviews, and I think it would be a great clip to add for a visual reference.

Let me know if ya'll know who I need to contact.

Comment

The incident all so cost All drifter in San Diego there ability to hold drift events in the local area. Accidents where there are passangers in the car when drivers are not PROS or even if there are can have very high cost even if no one is seriosly injured..

Comment

Originally posted by olddrifter View Post
            The incident all so cost All drifter in San Diego there ability to hold drift events in the local area. Accidents where there are passangers in the car when drivers are not PROS or even if there are can have very high cost even if no one is seriosly injured..

thats probably why the SD drifters mentioned it in the documentary... but honestly i don't see why SD made such a huge fuss about it... no body got hurt, none of there property was really damaged unless you count the tree. And you know whats even worse, SD is one of the most harsh cities when it comes to street racing, how can people get off the streets when they are taking away all of there track days.

screwem

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
              thats probably why the SD drifters mentioned it in the documentary...
              It definitely is. Several of the interviews had it mentioned how tragic it was that nobody would let them throw events anywhere because of it. That is why I would love to include the clip in the documentary.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                thats probably why the SD drifters mentioned it in the documentary... but honestly i don't see why SD made such a huge fuss about it... no body got hurt, none of there property was really damaged unless you count the tree. And you know whats even worse, SD is one of the most harsh cities when it comes to street racing, how can people get off the streets when they are taking away all of there track days.

screwem
                this was definately the straw that broke the camels back. SD Drift scene was on edge, this was just what it took for the Qualcomm people to cite Drifting as "too dangerous" to allow to run at their stadium.

Comment

god im gunna sound like such a fool when slide america comes out........i dont even remember what i said......i hope you guys edited it to make me sound cool.....lol

Comment

the was a under age boy in the car with out his parents permission.. They lawyers went after the city, event, driver, car owner and anyone else the could possible get at.....

Comment

ps - i tried tracking down who did it, but the only lead I got was to try posting on SDdrift.com ...

Comment

i know who did it. why does it matter?

Comment

Originally posted by sonnysmr2 View Post
                          i hope you guys edited it to make me sound cool.....lol
                          No worries, killa... you're in good hands. Besides... your driving spoke volumes. What ya'll were doing was unlike anywhere in the country. It was just plain rad!!!

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                          ps - i tried tracking down who did it, but the only lead I got was to try posting on SDdrift.com ...
                          Thanks buddy... I'm headed there right now!

Originally posted by Motdyn-Ls1fd View Post
                          i know who did it. why does it matter?
                          Who shot the video, or who was driving? I'm looking to get in contact with the person who shot the video footage. I would like to use it in the documentary when referenced from local San Diego interviews. I'm not looking to attach a driver name to the clip or anything... just run the clip itself over audio from the interview.

If anyone has photos they would let us use instead, that would work as well... but I think the video would fit extremely well.

Thanks!

Comment

Did you already try talking to Megan Racing.
                            I know they have a clip of the whole run, well start to crash.

Talk to Steve@megan. He sent me a copy of the clip the day after it happened.

They've got to know.

Comment

that cars lives again! well sorta, its not running yet, i think theres still electrical issues with the car. crazy.

Comment

Working...
                              X