Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1 March 10th - Cancelled!

http://www.d1gp.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=78

Heard it through the grapevine this weekend, and saw this link was 'revised' as well.

I also heard that the NC event was cancelled as well, which is also confirmed by this link.

Looks like things are falling apart already...

Well there goes another reason to be down south... maybe I can tell my boss I'm at school.....

Comment

WTH IS GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frigging scheduling!!!!!!

thats what happens when u try to do 2 series with basically the same cars...if the event was march 10th, they also have a event at ebisu on march 24th. looks like maybe they wouldnt be able to have the cars back in time for that event, so they said screw the USA event and stuck with the ebisu event

Comment

haha that's funny but if they are going to have a US series why not have some US drivers compete in it. That would make sense. I don't think it really has that much to do with logistics of transporting cars, most J-teams have several cars (yes I mean duplicate back up cars that may not be as well tuned or built in general, but they do exist. The main thing that appears to be happening is a total lack of planning. How embarrasing for such a storied corperation.
        D1 has spent too many years trying to decide on wether or not to make a US series. That gave FD a huge headstart & BTW, Formula D has made a lot of good moves for the sport and solid planning to present a good show to the fans.
        + I heard that Cancer kills you from the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by deadpirate View Post
          WTH IS GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frigging scheduling!!!!!!

thats what happens when u try to do 2 series with basically the same cars...if the event was march 10th, they also have a event at ebisu on march 24th. looks like maybe they wouldnt be able to have the cars back in time for that event, so they said screw the USA event and stuck with the ebisu event
          is this confirmed? or just your speculation?

I believe D1 has it down to around 8-10 days to transport the cars, which should be about perfect timing. All the cars always seem to arrive in Japan the Monday or Tuesday before competition, which means they have their timelines down perfect.

I think they could have made it to the Ebisu event, I think there were other things involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
            is I think there were other things involved.

ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding goes the bell to the winner

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
              is this confirmed? or just your speculation?

I believe D1 has it down to around 8-10 days to transport the cars, which should be about perfect timing. All the cars always seem to arrive in Japan the Monday or Tuesday before competition, which means they have their timelines down perfect.

I think they could have made it to the Ebisu event, I think there were other things involved.

its merely speculation...but it seems pretty shady to me...if they can get the cars back and forth in 10 days...why cancel the event then?? seems pretty weird to me

Comment

the "other" issues revolve heavily around kenji and nhra...i foresee a shakeup organizational wise again very soon. the head of d1 has been flying back and forth recently trying to salvage what they can. there are some big things going on behind the scenes.

it takes 9-11 days just to get a boat from long beach to tokyo, these schedules were too tight.

Comment

Working...
                X