Drifting the new FAD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifting the new FAD?

i have noticed all of these 240sx's i see up for sale being replaced at the car lots with riced out hondas
    now is that what we all really need is a bunch of 16 year olds with their new RWD cars trying stupid *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* and ruining every little thing cause they are *Censored**Censored**Censored* and all need to be shot

Kinda harsh bro, its true that a lot of ricers are going to be trying to drift now, ruining 240s and 86s. The good things is that most of them dont know how to work on cars so they'll sell their 'rollas when they break down and they didnt make too many 240s so its harder for them to get their hands on them. This is what happens when they run drifting articles in every import mag in the US, everyone jumps on the bandwagon because its the new thing, but it has its upsides. Prices for parts will go down and the aftermarket will grow. Just keep to it, those who aren't really about it will fall off when the new fad comes out, and those who really liked it to begin with will be the last ones standing.

Comment

i dont think this "fad" will last
      i think drifting will be seen more as a motor sport now but i think that somthing else will come along and put drifting back out of this spot light its in
      i guess ill agree with you that the last thing we need is a bunch of 16 year olds
      runing around saying they drift
      i mean im only 17 but im no poseur im the only in my age demographic that i know can hold a slide... or tries for that matter

Comment

i hope it doesnt last. but then again most people wont have that much patience and persistence and drop out. im 16 but i wont say i drift. grew up watching option vids and such. go ahead and call me a ricer but im just in it for the fun. been saving up to buy my first car. last summer i swear the nissan pages were filled with 240's. check it out now and theres nothing there. poor me and my minimum wage job. ever since the first d1 in the states drifting is on every import magazine and everyone wants a piece of the cake. but theyll get tired of the taste soon enough. i hope.

Comment

Thats kinda funny. here where I live I see a 240 at every red light. they can be had for 1500 in good condition.

The rare thing here is the corolla. There's only about 5 of us in the drift scene. I NEVER see a gts on the street and this city has over 1m people!

Comment

out here, 240's have always been a rare car to see on the streets. that was my original reason for getting one, was that i would be original in my area...ever since i went out and killed some ricers, i have seen this increase in tuned 240s......you still dont see ones that are stock, but lots more that are running large straight through canisters and stuff like that. thankfully, none of the ricers have goten thier hands on any 240's.......one of the nicest ones in town (kicks the sh!tout of mine) was built by this guy who is like 25-30, he lived in japan, was japanese, and he did a full zenki S14 conversion on his 95 240. now he is building a RPS13 drift car.....and he is also the nismo parts consultant at our dealer.

i guess what im trying to say, is that this fad hasnt really hit out streets yet, and there are no rice 240's around here.

btw, AE86 are even rarer around here than 240sx

Comment

Out here you see 240sx every now and then, if your running around town you might see 2. Usualy hatchbacks you know. They can go for about 1500.Coupes are rarer, and more expensive, in good condition they can go for twice the cost of a cheap hatchback.

I never see hachis.... Maybe once amonth ill see a Sr5, i dont ever recall seeing a GT-S

Comment

Well, you always notice something more when you're thinking about it...

I just got my CRX and am noticing just how many CRX's there are in Tampa...

-MR

Comment

where im at i only know of one bling blingin 240, sits on bags with ugly ugly chromes, he pulled up next to me at a light and reved so i said his car was a waste of a good car

i wanted a corolla but i couldent find one, so i opted for my 240
                  i paid 2800 with a new engine (stock ka24e) with a new water pump and radiator...runs like a champ... ive seen one realy nice 240 coupe that looks like cohls from initial-d

Comment

Look, the sport will die and go back to how it was, before all the media hype. Kids are going to see that it is ALOT harder then it looks, crahs there cars, and theyll go back to there streetracing.

Comment

i don't think drifting will ever catch on..

Drifting is definately more connected to Road racing than anything else. I think the sport came out on Japanese enthiusiast testing their road racing ability on japanese mountains.

Road racing will never be popular in the united states. A popular Road racing circut with GT class cars or street cars blankets the general public about about the informational tid bits, like Oversteer,understeer or weight balance, that are necessary for an understanding of drifting.

People may point to rally, but in japanese road races, Someone always does a SHOW drift at the end of the race.

Most people just like cars, and like to drive fast on straights. This is not the type of climate that drifting can grow in.

Comment

Originally posted by gundamzeta
                        This is not the type of climate that drifting can grow in.
                        Just wait till someone like MTV gets their hands on it. They can tilt the earth and make it any climate they want.
                        I think drifting could definitely become a fad (if it's not already), but over time it will pass.

Comment

In japan driftings fad passed over and went back to the track and to ID. Then you guys got ahold of it and its coming back to mainstreem again. Eather way I dont mind but I do worry about what might become of it in the States. Will it be like reality TV or just a weekend sport on ESPN. But if Coke, and Micy Ds gets into it I think I will start drinking Coke for the new twistoff caps, and start eating happy meals so I can collect the whole set. Then I will sue them all for ruining my teeth and my health.

Comment

wait... what all this about coke and mcd's and drifting ?

Comment

You wanna stop this craze? Have the tire manufacturers raise the prices on tires and get rid of all the places that sell used tires. Problem solved. Then only the people with the sponsorships will be able to drift. hahah. Will this happen? No.

Comment

Working...
                              X