Formula D Qualify!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula D Qualify!!!

It was a very skilled event today in Long Beach. The track was made wider since last year and the skill level is MUCH higher this time around. Today was qualifying for Formula D Long Beach and it went quite well. There were very minimal crashes today which left a lot of time for the drivers to show off.

I have a few things in my mind that stick out about today.

1. Millen - I'm not going to lie here. Usually I don't care much for this driver/car, but today changed that. Rhys was driving the new Solstice and I was very impressed. First off, he was about 10 miles per hour faster than the rest of the drivers. Second, the car is so nimble that it does not follow the normal line that any other car does. He can come into the sweeper VERY fast and take a line that would normally go right into the wall, but then change it and bring the car back in tight with, what seems like, minimal effort. Simply put, I was amazed and am actually interested in watching that car tomorrow.

2. Haraguchi - Mitsuru rules. He has got a lot of attention lately, mostly due to Ziptied and the very brilliant drivers there. Today he drove the new colored S15 face 180...Falken colors. He didn't do too well during the qualifying or practice, but the runs I watched during post-practice/media runs were simply amazing. I'm not a judge, but I would give these runs 100 points easily. No questions asked. I tried watching the entire run, but most of the car was covered in thick smoke, so I could only see from the front wheels forward on the car. Anyways, if you see him in his 326 coveralls, say hi and take a picture.

3. Taka - I have no idea what happened to his corolla, but Taka links the whole course. The car is loud as S and awesome. I really hope he does well tomorrow. His runs today were great. I don't know anything about corollas, but look for that blue and green machine on the Wats tomorrow.

4. Hampshaaaa - Viva NH, Ryan rules. His brand new RED S13 ruined the course. Most of his runs were full lock all the way and he never let up until the straight after the course ended. I expect to see him high in the lists this season and probably some podium finishes. Go go!

5. Tony Angelo - Driving the brand new RX8 for him seems to be the best thing he has had in a while. Look for the only amazing looking car with full BN Sports aero because it is one of a kind. Oh, maybe just look for the HUGE Blue and White DA wreath on the back. Tony has the potential to place very high and I think he just might do that in Long Beach.

6. A few other people that impressed me out there today were Kenji in the S14, Darren in the new Falken color Levin from Ireland, Petty in the new Falken color S13, John in his baby blue home made corolla, Topics2 in his new Orange Z vert, and Quoc Ly in the Drift Speed Sileighty.

I have left a lot of good drivers out, so appologies. Come tomorrow to the event in Long Beach and see for yourself. It is well worth it, as the Long Beach is so unique and fun.

And if you see me tomorrow, so hi. I'm the only one there who is me.

Brian Harte
    Pink GodziRa

yep, I pretty much agree with B Harte on almost everything.

DOn't blame ziptied for Haraguchi. Since most people can't even see ziptied.elite

Any body who has read YV or Dori ten in the last 10 years knows who Haraguchi is. And if you have to blame something blame John Jimmison. He's the one swinging from Haraguchi's Kintama.

Taka has a completely new car this year. 4AG powerplant making 270 hp at the flywheel. That is some good stuff.

Petty and Hampshaa were the only 2 S chassis cars really making a lot of smoke. I mean a lot of smoke.

Hubinette's charger looked way better than expected and Chris Cook is prolly going to be rookie of the year if he keeps driving like he did today.

I say go to FD tommorow too. If you miss this you'll be missing the best drifting action ever in the USA. They called this event the "no room for mistakes" event. With K-rails lining both sides you'll see how true that is! More than a few cars found the barrier today.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post

Top 32 surprises:

Dan Pina
      John (AEAP1)
      Tommy Suell (if he gets his car finished)

and just maybe....maybe.... the Hulkster....'s son
      John made it with ease

and Tommy qualified 16

so i'm so effing happy... cant wait

see ya tommorow

if you see me say whats up and mabey buy me some food!!

Comment

B Harte rules!!!!

Comment

J-rod - you rule. Thanks for keeping light and fun out there today. W/O you on the mike things get a little boring.

Blaze 1 - if you can find me I'll buy you some food.

TT boy

Comment

Top 16 down to 1 for unseeded...

16 Tommy suell
            15 Steph papadakis
            14 Quoc ly
            13 Todd ho
            12 Doug van den brink
            11 Steph verdier
            10 Robbie nishida
            9 Bill sherman
            8 chris cook
            7 Tony angelo
            6 Ryuji miki
            5 ross petty
            4 mitsuru haraguchi
            3 john rusakoff
            2 ryan tuerck
            1 darren mcnamara

32 drivers only got 2 practice runs, so a lot of the guys were still feeling out the track duripng qualifying, thus the higher speeds and smoother lines in the seeded practice. Only 20 unseeded drivers had a score in qualifying, all other drivers had 2 spins or straightened out. Tough course to be unseeded.

tomorrow will be amazing. There's nothing else that can be said. Get there early, practice and qualifying will be fun!

Ps - stop by the slide america / s3 booth and buy stuff /plug

Comment

who is john rusakoff? Any pics yet?

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
                who is john rusakoff? Any pics yet?

Baby blue ae86 drove in D1 and justdrift events last year.

Last edited by Bebop; 04-06-2007, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by akuma S14 View Post
                  yep, I pretty much agree with B Harte on almost everything.

Taka has a completely new car this year. 4AG powerplant making 270 hp at the flywheel. That is some good stuff.

if thats all motor ima bust a nut!!!

Comment

We will be providing updates at eDRFT.com/LiveFDLBUpdate we will try and keep live posts going on drifting.com as well. But for those times we cant, the updates will be posted on the site link that we provided.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                      if thats all motor ima bust a nut!!!
                      well, Taka's engine is a full atlantic spec engine built by Hasslegren with some really trick stuff to it. IT IS N/A 1.6 liters and sounds amazing. 11k rev limit.

You'll see tommorow, Plus I'll be doing a feature on the car pretty soon on my IGN.com column.

Now go clean up!

Comment

GO ROSS!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by akuma S14 View Post

Any body who has read YV or Dori ten in the last 10 years knows who Haraguchi is. And if you have to blame something blame John Jimison. He's the one swinging from Haraguchi's Kintama.
                          damn straight! we're going shopping after formula D.

Comment

Working...
                          X