ae111 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ae111 swap

im sorta new to the AE's not really tho. ive been searching for one for over a year and a half and been picking p new info every now and then. well finally i had some luck. but my question is will the ae111 engine (not sure what engine code this is) fit into a 85 gts or would i be better off swapping it with somethin else? if i would be better off with something else which engine? any info would be much apreciated and yes i used the search but came up with nothing.

Why swap it? Makes no real sense to me. You can get turbo manifolds for them from Greddy if you want to go turbo, you can swap the single carbs to them from the bikes, not sure exactly which bike it is yet so can't help you there. They can be built very nicely for a near perfect power to weight ratio. Don't know why you'd do that. Not flaming just wondering. Maybe you know something I don't.

Comment

why? cause i found a front cut and thought id ask. i was wondering cause it was from a fwd car and i didnt know if it would fit because of that. this is my real question i dont think i stated it clearly in my first post sorry about that

Comment

yes you can, why because its a 20 valve putting out 160hp, and because aftermarket turbo setups will never be as reliable as a stock engine.

Comment

It's not as hard as people think. You need to fab some stuff. Wire some stuff, cut some stuff. If you have the money then I say do it. If you're just learning to drift you should stay with 16v. I've been learning drifting for over a year and I still love the 16v. I'll never use a 20v I'd rather build a good 16v but that's just me.

The negine code for ae111 is 4age duh!

Comment

yes, you can fit tha AE111 4AGE 20V Blacktop into your GTS. All you need is one of the side mounting and if I'm not mistaken, something to do with fitting your existing gearbox to the engine.

If you got the clip, then you're ok. Just use the wiring harness back and there should be no problem.

4AGE 20V black is rated at 165ps. It comes with a 4-throttle setup, just like the 20v silvertop. 2 things, it revs higher and have wider, better torque band. also, the power delivery is smoother than the 20V silver. This is my direct comparison from an AE101 Corolla GT 20V silvertop vs AE111 Corolla GT 20V blacktop.

Duluth is right about the points of changing the engine. While the original 4AGE in GTS is ok, I think the 20V is better overall package. BTW, those carbs were mikuni's or webber's. Usually u can get them off early 1990's Kawasaki ZZR1100 C1/C2/D1.

if you ask me if it's worth it, well.. yes and no. Yes is because it's newer engine and better overall power/torque. No, parts maybe not cheap. hey, some people did it just of the OOHH AAHHH factor. hehehe.. basically, it's your money and if it's what you want, go for it! who am i to stand in the way of progress!? hehehe...

just IMHO.

-R32GTST-

Comment

http://www.club4ag.com/faq%20and%20t...ject%2020V.htm

enuff to get you going.

Comment

R32 & rub thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
                X