MTV CASTING DRIFTERS - May 1st-10th, Los Angeles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MTV CASTING DRIFTERS - May 1st-10th, Los Angeles

MTV Networks is now casting 18 drifters for a new television competition called Drift or Die. We are looking for teams (one driver and one mechanic) in the southern california area. Auditions are being held May 1st-May 10th in Los Angeles. If you have a larger than life personality, email us at drifting@putmeontv.net for more info.

You can also check out www.putmeontv.net/drift for more info.

Bh
    Bh
    Bh

Hail To The King, Baby.

Comment

as if drifting hasnt been killed enough already...

Comment

Could we get more information on your company? because although you're using the name "MTV Networks", your website is very unprofessional and doesn't have any company information. Sounds like someone's throwing the 'MTV' name around to try and lure people in...

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
          Could we get more information on your company? because although you're using the name "MTV Networks", your website is very unprofessional and doesn't have any company information. Sounds like someone's throwing the 'MTV' name around to try and lure people in...

As far as I know its legit. RJ has been developing this show for almost a year. And as far as MTV goes almost none of their shows have their own dedicated website..its always just spawned off of the MTV site...and Trick It Out didn't even get that even though it had good ratings.

Comment

In my opinion, Even though this is gonna bring ALOT of attention to the sport, Is this for sure where we want it to go?

As far as drifting as a sport still in it's roots goes bad publicity is definently NOT good publicity.

What exactley is the premise of this show? Does it portray drifting as what it is or does it just use drifting as a way of catching the youth market?

More info would be great

Comment

Uhhh you guys still think drifting is cool?

Get *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*in real.

Comment

Originally posted by toji004 View Post
                Hmm... I don't know about this.

Seeing its based within so cal, Yahoo did a couple great stories with Just Drift and PG. And if any of those guys have anything to do with it (which I already heard they are) there is very little doubt in my mind that this venture will be pretty damn good.

But RJ.... hmmm, ever since the first fast and the furious I've been a bit sketchy with this cat( prepares to be banned). But overall, I pretty much have faith in him. It could be worst...

Comment

PG... I heard they were assholes

Comment

PG are complete assholes, and totally full of themselves. Such EMO lil posers

HAHA J/K you guys ROCK!!!!!!!!! Can i be a groupie?!?!? In a totally straight not *Censored**Censored**Censored* at all way of course

Comment

Originally posted by toji004 View Post
                      Uh yeah..this guy doesn't know what hes talking about...

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                      But RJ.... hmmm, ever since the first fast and the furious I've been a bit sketchy with this cat( prepares to be banned). But overall, I pretty much have faith in him. It could be worst...
                      RJ was only a tech advisor (co-tech advisor at that) for that movie. Keyword being "advisor" all he and Craig could do was suggest. The director, producers, and studios were the ones that ultimately made the decisions so whatever you saw in that movie that didn't add up wasn't because of RJ or Craig...it was because the script writer or director thought it sounded or looked better than what was accurate.

I dont think anyone will ban you for that though.

And RJ is the one of the Team Managers for the Pac Rim/Rockstar Drift team. He knows his stuff.

Originally posted by teamINERTIA View Post
                      What exactley is the premise of this show? Does it portray drifting as what it is or does it just use drifting as a way of catching the youth market?

More info would be great
                      From what he told me about the show it will be a competition format that is similar to what "Trick It Out" was. Two teams go head to head...winner gets the loser's car and advances to the next level or something like that.

Next time I'll talk to him I'll try to get more info about it.

By the way all non-endemic sponsor of drifting (Energy drink companies, Circuit City, EA Games, etc) are using drifting as a way to catch the youth market and because of that some of our favorite drivers have money to compete so I wouldn't be so quick to consider that a bad thing.
                      Last edited by MonkeySlide; 05-01-2007, 11:24 PM.

Comment

I hope Marlboro picks me up.

*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*

done and done.

Comment

I guess this would be cool. But, would they let the "drifters" be themselves and not have to read off a script.

Comment

I hope Tampax picks me up.

Comment

yeah, I nomimate it to be changed to the BH Funtime Fingerpainting hour!

BHFF!! make it as awesome as everything else on MTV, add some tatorz, a little drank, and some streamers from the roof of the track and you got a great show!

Comment

Working...
                              X